Kelekat

Plotter incompatibility with sign program

So, USCutter plotter does not work with SignLab. However, I'm not at all happy with the seemingly limited capabilities of SignBlazer--not to mention it's frequent forays into "fatal error" land. What programs are you guys using with these plotters? Flexi? Corel Draw? Sign Wizard? I'm going to have to purchase a program and I don't want to make the wrong move.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

1. Get Flexi 10

2. You can also use inkscape, then use signcut to cut your stuff

Flexi starter is a waste of money IMO

Thanks for the reply...

I don't need anything quite as comprehensive as Flexi 10--an older copy would work fine for what I'm currently doing and I doubt my boss would want to put out that kind of cash. I just need a good (can be an older version) sign program that will be compatible with the plotter.

Check Fleabay for older versions of either Corel or AI. I purchased Corel X3 Suite in sealed OEM box this way for less than $100 and had no issues registering it. For me this is then bridged to a Copam thru SignCut Pro Dongle version and has done everything I've asked of it thru intutive learning.

Graphic software and vinyl were foreign to me prior to my purchase, perhaps had I first purchased SignBlazer, it might feel more natural to me, as it is I stumbled whenever attempting any use of it and felt the learning curve to be difficult.

Only bad thing about Corel 3 is its not compatible with the new .eps.... rats, I hate when they do that!!!!

I'm downloading the trial version of the new Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5. Then I'm going to call USCutter tomorrow for assistance in the set up. I've given up on SignBlazer. It's an awkward program to navigate and it's not working for me. Will I need anything else to make it work?

Your can download Corelx5.. but you still will need a cutting software. You were given 1 year of SigncutPro . You could use that

Well, this plotter was essentially sitting here unused for lord knows how long when I came to work here. It's only now that they've got a graphic design person (me) that anyone (me) has tried to get it up and running. I don't have SignPro, but I've been to the site and I see that I can download a trial version. I'm going to do so and see if USCutter can't assist me in getting this thing working with something other than SignBlazer, a seriously lacking program that is driving me nuts. I've already downloaded the Corel X5 trial.

You'll love Corel x5, then send it to signcut to cut with.

I can get you setup with your computer and machine, email me at Email me

I have Illustrator 7 and Corel 10 and havent used them but a couple times in the last 6 months.

Since the latest Inkscape I use it all the time which is FREE and ocasional use PageStream that is CHEAP to set distorted type and PLANS which is FREE, to cut and save into Plans, .dxf, .EPS

Bob Bigart

@Ash - Thank you for your kind offer. Benjamin with USCutter spent two hours on the phone with me this morning and now I'm set up with SignCut, Inkscape, and can also cut from AI. I'm a happy camper! :)

@Ash - Thank you for your kind offer. Benjamin with USCutter spent two hours on the phone with me this morning and now I'm set up with SignCut, Inkscape, and can also cut from AI. I'm a happy camper! :)

Good Kat, I'm glad they got you all fixed up!!!!!!

You'll like Signcut, I sure do! :thumbsup:

Make sure to get Irvanview so you can view the .eps files as well.

Hope this helps