chadarcy

Mutoh falcon outdoor print head

Yes I am using Flexisign Pro 8 6v2. Thank you Skeeter.  I didn't know there was that much difference in the version. The test print did print the colors beautifully. Just not a speck of black. I do not know what profiles to look at??? I know that I have a LG profile that is installed into Flexi, and the one that came with flexi. The black worked great one day, then didn't work at all the next day. I have run all the cleanings and deep cleanings. I was able to do a quick clean, not it makes me do a 2 minute cleaning every time. I don't know if that will have anything to do with the diagnosis. Thank you guys for all your help.

Ok if your head test pattern has not black then it is not the software - head fuse on mainboard?  bad head cart?  if you put a syringe in the output of the black head capping station can you pull ink thru it?

how would I get to the output to put a syringe in it, and what kind of syringe? I have small syringes like the kind i give my grandson meds with.

does the damper have ink in it?  no the damper hose won't work to pull ink thru the head - has to be on the output side hence the  cap top hose

yes it looks like there is ink in it and the cartridges are full. I used the soaked cloth with cleaning fluid for a couple of hours yesterday and did an immediate cleaning, then a test never say any black ink come out. I do not know how to get to the output of the capping station to place a syringe.

sounds like time for a tech.  if you have a eco sol printer you will either become a tech or hire one unfortunately - they are a different animal

time for a tech I guess. I am still just mixing colors to print almost black. I do not know how to change the print head myself and am afraid to take the machine apart to try to figure it out. I have a print head on watch list on ebay. I will think about this option.

if that uses a dx4 head then that is a pricey experiment if it turns out to be a fuse.  in any case if you decide to try it yourself make sure you turn off the main power not just the sub power and unplug before you start - I have heard of several people frying boards because they turn off the front panel and leave the main power on.  if you have the service manual it helps.  I have replaced 3 heads (on  differnet rolands) and other than the 1/2 day to get it done and calibrated it was just a step by step procedure - just high risk on the boards end of the equation.