Sign in to follow this  
theishkid

Line Cutting Problem

Sorry if this isn't the right place... I'm still learning this board.

I got my new PCut set up last night... Here's the full rundown.

Creation PCut 24"

Keyspan Adapter

White Oracal 651 24" Roll

Mac OSX 10.6.7

FlexiSTARTER 8.5v2

I'm having a problem where the blade hits and lands. I don't really know how to explain it... So I took this picture.

Specifically notice the right of the B and the left side of the O's. Now I know this text is small, but it happens on my larger stuff too. I've tried the Blade offset but I'm not sure that helped anything. Any ideas? This is the only problem I'm having with my new plotter. I'm pretty excited... I thought I would have a lot more.

Sorry if this isn't the right place... I'm still learning this board.

I got my new PCut set up last night... Here's the full rundown.

Creation PCut 24"

White Oracal 651 24" Roll

Mac OSX 10.6.7

FlexiSTARTER 8.5v2

I'm having a problem where the blade hits and lands. I don't really know how to explain it... So I took this picture.

Specifically notice the right of the B and the left side of the O's. Now I know this text is small, but it happens on my larger stuff too. I've tried the Blade offset but I'm not sure that helped anything. Any ideas? This is the only problem I'm having with my new plotter. I'm pretty excited... I thought I would have a lot more.

adjust your blade offset. if you are marking the backing paper of the vinyl, your blade is out too far, adjust it in, slow your cutter down, if running fast,

Thanks skeeter... My blade offset is about .020 i believe, I'm not there to look at it right now. Any idea which way to go or is it just trial and error?

I turned the speed down to 50 last night but I'll take it down a little slower, I'm not in any big hurry.

I think the blade is pretty good but it might be able to go back up a little bit. I had also turned the pressure down to about 110.

Thanks skeeter... My blade offset is about .020 i believe, I'm not there to look at it right now. Any idea which way to go or is it just trial and error?

I turned the speed down to 50 last night but I'll take it down a little slower, I'm not in any big hurry.

I think the blade is pretty good but it might be able to go back up a little bit. I had also turned the pressure down to about 110.

blade offset is trial and error, go one direction, if it goes worse, go the other direction, you have to tune it in

less blade more pressure - from the rest of the letters I am betting on way too much blade which affects the offset