Sign in to follow this  
Rob@MM

Sign Blazer EPS Issue

While I continue to search, hopefully someone could help me out before I go crazy.

I can import EPS files into Sign Blazer without issue. I can see what I have imported without issue. As soon as I hit "Cutter" to cut the EPS, there's nothing but a blank box. I'm sure the EPS files I try importing are fine. I even have a friend who has sent me some vectorized work for me to try and cut and it still doesn't work. The only thing that cuts properly is Text.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob

While I continue to search, hopefully someone could help me out before I go crazy.

I can import EPS files into Sign Blazer without issue. I can see what I have imported without issue. As soon as I hit "Cutter" to cut the EPS, there's nothing but a blank box. I'm sure the EPS files I try importing are fine. I even have a friend who has sent me some vectorized work for me to try and cut and it still doesn't work. The only thing that cuts properly is Text.

Thanks.

Rob

the files have to be version 8.eps so have your friend send you those.

I'd prefer to be able to make these myself. What's the 8 mean?

Thanks.

I was just kidding on the friend part :D

software files are updated every so many years.

Signblazer has NOT been updated for several years, because the owner passed away several years ago, SO, you have to use an OLDER version file, to match Signblazer's compatibility. Just like Illy Is CS2 CS3 CS4 CS5 I have CS2 and cannot import CS5. It is the same reason. You have to convert current files to older files to at least a version 8.eps. You can use inkscape.org to design in, and import into Signblazer

Thanks.

Rob

Did you select the color on the left that you wish to cut?