Sign in to follow this  
krikster

My First Sticker on MH721

Well besides the fact my 721 is acting funny if I take that image I came up with and cut and paste it to have like 3 across and 3 down, the cutter will cut a diagonal line from starting corner to opposite top corner then start cutting the images...which sucks since that wastes vinyl and trying to correct it and figure out why it is doing it used up all my black vinyl, but I will have more fun when I can make money off it instead of just spending money on it. lol

Now I have to buy more vinyl...QUESTION THOUGH....I am having picks in the vinyl in the small detailed corners of letters and shapes....HOW DO I KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING DURING THE WEEDING PROCESS?!?!?!? :D Can be very frustrating and I guess that is what I get trying to do the hardest of graphics from the start. I have also found not to listen to the people at US Cutter when asking them if the regular transfer works well for layering...they said YEA SURE!!! I found BULL SHIP!!!! lol If it isn't clear you can't see through to the next layer...so I wasted my money on that unless I am doing one color cuts. So I have to invest in the clear as well.

As for the design software, I use my 17in Macbook Pro with Illustrator. I got that when I was at the Art Institute taking classes. I will add more of my work when I get more vinyl and can actually get this multicolor stuff down.

Tips are greatly appreciated!!! Well off to bed now since I have my forth month of Jury Duty in the morning!! :(

Don't continue to cut vinyl then there is a problem when cutting, but the ball pen in that came with your 721 and plot on paper until your get it corrected. As far as doing layering I all ways use paper app tape, u just have to use reg. marks to line up your layers.

Bill

I might of figured it out actually!!! My friend that lives in Australia that sent me a gift card to buy the cutter on my birthday told me to send her the image I am cutting and she will see if I have any extra crap on the image. Well she did and sent me a screen shot of it and sure enough there were extra letters in the MUTT area....So I went in on Illustrator and cleaned them off. When I get more black vinyl I will try it out again and see if that takes care of it....or do the pen thing so I don't waste the vinyl so much.

Don't continue to cut vinyl then there is a problem when cutting, but the ball pen in that came with your 721 and plot on paper until your get it corrected. As far as doing layering I all ways use paper app tape, u just have to use reg. marks to line up your layers.

Bill

Paper tape does work well, especially with a lightbox and reg. marks. Another tip to make sure the image gets cut correctly, is to view it in wireframe. That way you can see everything that will be cut.

Jive