krikster

Problems with cutter!!!

When I go into signblazer and take a graphic and step it to cut more than one so I don't waste so much vinyl...it ends up wasting a lot of vinyl since it makes a diagnal cut from corner to max distance corner before it makes the cuts for the images....WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!?!?!? :huh:

When I go into signblazer and take a graphic and step it to cut more than one so I don't waste so much vinyl...it ends up wasting a lot of vinyl since it makes a diagnal cut from corner to max distance corner before it makes the cuts for the images....WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!?!?!? :huh:

I forgot to mention it is the MH721 cutter!!!

Sorry, don't quite understand what your trying to say, what do you mean you step it, to cut more than one? Do you mean you are running duplicate copies of the same image? If so, How big is the first image, and how detailed? Need more info.

Here is the graphic I made on my Mac in Illustrator. I can cut one out like this and it works fine, but that is a waste of vinyl. So I put this image in SignBlazer and copied and pasted it to cut 16 at a time on one sheet....4 across and 4 down. when it started to do it's thing....it made a diagonal cut from bottom left corner to top right corner THEN started making the cuts for the image here. so it had a slice from corner to corner of 4 of them. So I thought maybe it can't handle that many so I dropped it down to 3 across and 3 down making a total of 9 at one time. Again the same thing happened, from corner to corner of 3 of them was a line cut diagonally. So I just did 3 at a time and it did fine, but why will it not stop cutting that diagonal line from corner to corner when I do multiple across the length of the vinyl?!?!?

Example of the position of the stickers below... the cut would go from bottom left to top right....

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

post-7385-0-11584400-1301463699_thumb.jp

Here is the graphic I made on my Mac in Illustrator. I can cut one out like this and it works fine, but that is a waste of vinyl. So I put this image in SignBlazer and copied and pasted it to cut 16 at a time on one sheet....4 across and 4 down. when it started to do it's thing....it made a diagonal cut from bottom left corner to top right corner THEN started making the cuts for the image here. so it had a slice from corner to corner of 4 of them. So I thought maybe it can't handle that many so I dropped it down to 3 across and 3 down making a total of 9 at one time. Again the same thing happened, from corner to corner of 3 of them was a line cut diagonally. So I just did 3 at a time and it did fine, but why will it not stop cutting that diagonal line from corner to corner when I do multiple across the length of the vinyl?!?!?

Example of the position of the stickers below... the cut would go from bottom left to top right....

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Well the numbers didn't do right side by side so let me try it again....

1 2 3 4

1 2 3 4

1 2 3 4 cut from bottom 1 to top 4

1 2 3

1 2 3

1 2 3 cut from bottom 1 to top 3

I'm not familiar w signblazer but is there an option to cut multiple copies instead of you cutting and pasting the design? And does that work better? It still could be a static problem. Is your cutter properly grounded?

Well I will have to take the ground off and grind the paint off and try that, but they don't really give you a good ground wire or grounding spot to start with.

could very well be a memory issue in the cutter - they do have a memory upgrade for the 721. You can also do this same thing by cutting one at a time and changing the origin to maximize your vinyl usage

• Like 1

I might of figured it out actually!!! My friend that lives in Australia that sent me a gift card to buy the cutter on my birthday told me to send her the image I am cutting and she will see if I have any extra crap on the image. Well she did and sent me a screen shot of it and sure enough there were extra letters in the MUTT area....So I went in on Illustrator and cleaned them off. When I get more black vinyl I will try it out again and see if that takes care of it....or do the pen thing so I don't waste the vinyl so much.

I also took my ground wire off and sanded the paint off the frame to see if that helps out.

Have you looked to see if save vinyl is slected?I wasted a lot of vinyl when i didnt know about that option,it had seemed to turn itself on so i never knew what it was.

I might of figured it out actually!!! My friend that lives in Australia that sent me a gift card to buy the cutter on my birthday told me to send her the image I am cutting and she will see if I have any extra crap on the image. Well she did and sent me a screen shot of it and sure enough there were extra letters in the MUTT area....So I went in on Illustrator and cleaned them off. When I get more black vinyl I will try it out again and see if that takes care of it....or do the pen thing so I don't waste the vinyl so much.

I also took my ground wire off and sanded the paint off the frame to see if that helps out.

Also make sure you don't have a border around your design, sometimes... zoom to fit and if your design is small on the scree, you have a border around it that's much bigger.

I have the same cutter and have that problem when I try to cut too many copies!

Bill

So what do you do to keep it from happening?!?!?

I'll run paper and pen to see how many copies I can do without a problem, if it's a big order, I do as many copies as will fit the width of the vinyl. When I'm doing just one row of copies at a time I line up the vinyl so that when I hit reset that the blade is where I want my origin. I also check how many nodes the design has, more nodes less copies. I'm going to do the memory upgrade her soon so that will help. Hope you can decipher this and it helps!

Bill