RMDelete

Experimenting with Heat Diffusing on Heat Presses?

Okay so I just lucked out on my local Craigslist again and scored myself a JetPress 14 by GeoKnight for 80 bucks. I want to try experimenting with making Laser transfer T-shirts maybe at a local Flea market just on the fly.... now the problem I am currently encountering is the fact that the image transfer has to be pressed at a diff temperature than that of the final t-shirt press. (ImageTransfer 215 Fahrenheit and T-shirt Press at 300 Fahrenheit) meaning that I would either need to buy another heat press machine to be able to do this in dual fashion... but then I started thinking about heat diffusers. Perhaps there is a special heat resistant mat that will still get hot but not transfer ALL the heat over to the other side... like maybe a very THICK silicone mat and I can use the mat to place OVER my transfer paper sheets to prep them for the final application... anyone think this is a bad idea? Or has anyone tried this before? I guess I would need an IR thermometer to make sure the temperatures are really not getting to high.

. anyone think this is a bad idea?

Yes , I do think that is a bad idea , as many variables as there are already ... adding another would be problamatic . I would get an additional press 1rst . There will be enough problems jump up as it is . ;)

The thermometer is a good idea regardless .

Also, putting a mat between the platen on the transfer would probably change the pressure needed for pressing the shirt.