TomasB

why is SignCut CRASHING?

I have taken the advice of many and finally switched over to signcut. I find the program easy to operate and is a well thought out user interface, BUT whats up with the program crashing after 1 cut I need to reboot my computer everytime just to start a new cut. I have tried closing the program,cutter etc. but only will work once I have powered down my laptop and re-start. I'm posting the error codes below if this helps. Thanking you in advance once again or is it trice I forget ;):huh:

**************************************************************************************************************

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: SignCut.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4b1427ec

Fault Module Name: SignCut.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4b1427ec

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0004b5d6

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: 91ed

Additional Information 2: cf83615661c50015aff0a80daf85f690

Additional Information 3: 5b5a

Additional Information 4: a15b7cb5e725f0e64a0754a00bdb840b

*****************************************************************************************

TOMASB

this is also happening to me no matter what I try to send to it don't know the crash coads though but nothing is working correctly it will work on the test cuts of the splash screen cut but cannot get contour cut ir other items to cut at right size. I know its probly gigo problem but for the life of me I don't know what I'm doing wrong please help I only got this setup for contour cutting as that is next to inpossiable with a cricut expression unless you are real lucky

this is also happening to me no matter what I try to send to it don't know the crash coads though but nothing is working correctly it will work on the test cuts of the splash screen cut but cannot get contour cut ir other items to cut at right size. I know its probly gigo problem but for the life of me I don't know what I'm doing wrong please help I only got this setup for contour cutting as that is next to inpossiable with a cricut expression unless you are real lucky

Message me Email me

Im new to cutting but I know pcs very well. Can I ask what type of cord are you using to the cutter, is it a usb? My software will crash if the cutter is not on so you may have a problem with the way they are talking. Is the software and hardware both set to hardware for the handshake? You never know it could be something silly like that.. Good luck

Hi Tomas,

I am one of the software engineers who develops SignCut. It would help us a lot if you can help us figure out what's causing this crash so we can fix it in the next version. If you could send me a mail at matt@signcut.net, and give us the following information, we can investigate what's going on.

Please send us:

- Your operating system (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X Leopard, etc)

- Your plotter

- Your interface (USB, Serial port, USB-to-Serial converter, etc)

- The type of USB-to-Serial converter you used, if you used one!

- What you were doing in SignCut when it crashed!

Thanks.