Sign in to follow this  
tsmart

Limiting buffer send to Cutter

Hey guys I am wondering if there is such a way to limit what it sends to plotter via production manager, sometimes when i am cutting a VERY BIG detailed job, with lots and lots of lines and texture in it, somewhere halfway the plotter goes crazy during the cut and draws spastic lines,

I have a feeling it is the memory of plotter overloading is this right? I want to try reduce the buffer it sends so it doesnt send to plotter in very big memory buffers.

Cutter is a Us Cutter mh 1351

Everything else works fine on flexi, i am on flexi 8.5 on windows 7 32bit running via a pci lpt adaptor via a 1 meter lpt cable to plotter.

Hey guys I am wondering if there is such a way to limit what it sends to plotter via production manager, sometimes when i am cutting a VERY BIG detailed job, with lots and lots of lines and texture in it, somewhere halfway the plotter goes crazy during the cut and draws spastic lines,

I have a feeling it is the memory of plotter overloading is this right? I want to try reduce the buffer it sends so it doesnt send to plotter in very big memory buffers.

Cutter is a Us Cutter mh 1351

Everything else works fine on flexi, i am on flexi 8.5 on windows 7 32bit running via a pci lpt adaptor via a 1 meter lpt cable to plotter.

you need to upgrade your memory on your cutter and add a Keyspan adapter, that is the brand name. You can also go into your job default properties and change the packet size to 1000 kb, what ever is there, erase it and add 1000

http://www.uscutter.com/4MB-Chip-for-Refine-Series-Plotters_p_34.html

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/57/1/why-did-my-cutter-just-stop-in-the-middle-of-my-cut

you need to upgrade you memory on your cutter and add a Keyspan adapter, that is the brand name. You can also go into your job default properties and change the packet size to 1000 kb, what ever is there, erase it and add 1000

http://www.uscutter.com/4MB-Chip-for-Refine-Series-Plotters_p_34.html

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/57/1/why-did-my-cutter-just-stop-in-the-middle-of-my-cut

Thanks mate for that !

I knew it was a memory problem.

Is there DIY instructions attached with this chip? So i can do it all myself? I am pretty cluey with tools and pc's and that so i don't mind giving all that a hack.

Also what is a keyspan adaptor?

Thanks mate

What if i stuck to LPT and just upgrade memory, or does this usb/serial adaptor help with major stability issues?

My plotter is pretty well set on LPT at the moment thats why, never have major issues unlike the one in my initial post.

Cheers

Thanks mate

What if i stuck to LPT and just upgrade memory, or does this usb/serial adaptor help with major stability issues?

My plotter is pretty well set on LPT at the moment thats why, never have major issues unlike the one in my initial post.

Cheers

start with the memory, go from there, see if that helps you. and change the packet size in Flexi to 1000

start with the memory, go from there, see if that helps you. and change the packet size in Flexi to 1000

Cheers, yeah packet size was already 1000 so that's a bummer, so im buying memory now. im sure that will sort it out as the data i am cutting is very very complex and only happens after buffering to plotter and only on that job, anyhow i might just get the keyspan while im at it you never know, it may be needed in the future.

Thanks for your help again mate

Cheers, yeah packet size was already 1000 so that's a bummer, so im buying memory now. im sure that will sort it out as the data i am cutting is very very complex and only happens after buffering to plotter and only on that job, anyhow i might just get the keyspan while im at it you never know, it may be needed in the future.

Thanks for your help again mate

Just save your money and get a Graphtec. You wouldn't be sorry. Those MH series cutters don't have the memory for complex detailed jobs. I cut complex detailed all the time on my Graphtec, never a problem

I'm not familiar with the MH series, but this sounds like a buffer overrun error. even with limited memory serial handshaking should keep everything working. try hardware xon/xoff and make sure the serial cable supports cts/ protocol.

With my old MH, I've also found increasing the cut speed helps if your design is not too detailed. It will clear things out of there quicker.

thanks for the tips guys much appreciated, yeah will upgrade soon hopefuly, although i don't do very highly complex jobs, but $40 or so doesnt hurt to give the memory a upgrade and if that sorts it out then that will clear out a big issue for a while :)

Thanks again.