Sign in to follow this  
Rezmoto

MH721 Plotter Cutting Problems

I have a MH721 Plotter and I have been having issues with the way it cuts. I am running it through the SignBlazer Elements for US Cutter program that came with the plotter.

The problem is as follows: I will run off a sheet with numerous stickers on it (some the same, some different) and it will cut some of the stickers incorrectly. It wont cut entire letters, it will drag the blade from one sticker to the next, sometimes even through stickers it has already cut (cutting that design in half and ruining it). Issues like this that are resulting in a lot of wasted vinyl. It does not always happen with the same letters, not always the same designs, etc.. so its nothing easily replicable.

Is there some adjustment that needs to be made? Some maintenance I need to perform to keep this from happening? Is there a particular orientation my designs should be in to cause this from not happening when I plot them?

HELP!!!

I have a MH721 Plotter and I have been having issues with the way it cuts. I am running it through the SignBlazer Elements for US Cutter program that came with the plotter.

The problem is as follows: I will run off a sheet with numerous stickers on it (some the same, some different) and it will cut some of the stickers incorrectly. It wont cut entire letters, it will drag the blade from one sticker to the next, sometimes even through stickers it has already cut (cutting that design in half and ruining it). Issues like this that are resulting in a lot of wasted vinyl. It does not always happen with the same letters, not always the same designs, etc.. so its nothing easily replicable.

Is there some adjustment that needs to be made? Some maintenance I need to perform to keep this from happening? Is there a particular orientation my designs should be in to cause this from not happening when I plot them?

HELP!!!

the MH series cutters don't have the memory to probably run alot of decals like you want to do, also try putting it on a Keyspan adapter, that is the brand name, less dropping of data, make sure your carriage/and blade is raising. Make sure your cutter is grounded good. If on a stand, make sure the stand has a good ground to the cutter, scrape the paint off around a screw and ground it with wire.

here is a memory upgrade

http://www.uscutter.com/4MB-Chip-for-Refine-Series-Plotters_p_34.html

keyspan adapter

http://www.uscutter.com/KEYSPAN-USB-SERIAL-ADAPTER_p_212.html

the MH series cutters don't have the memory to probably run alot of decals like you want to do, also try putting it on a Keyspan adapter, that is the brand name, less dropping of data, make sure your carriage/and blade is raising. Make sure your cutter is grounded good. If on a stand, make sure the stand has a good ground to the cutter, scrape the paint off around a screw and ground it with wire.

here is a memory upgrade

http://www.uscutter.com/4MB-Chip-for-Refine-Series-Plotters_p_34.html

keyspan adapter

http://www.uscutter.com/KEYSPAN-USB-SERIAL-ADAPTER_p_212.html

Thanks for the help! Im not using a stand to run the plotter. Its on an IKEA table with metal legs. Can I just put a screw into the metal leg and ground the plotter to that? Any particulars on what wire to use or anything?

I know I didnt get an expensive plotter or anything, but it seems odd that I have to spend $75 extra just to get the thing to work properly.

If I was to run smaller batches of stickers with only one design in them, would that solve the issue perhaps? I generally print a sheet of stickers with around 100 stickers on them. I would not mind running a batch of 20 over and over again if this might solve the issue without having to shell out an extra $75.

Anyone have experience with USCutter giving a discount on these products?

Thanks for the help! Im not using a stand to run the plotter. Its on an IKEA table with metal legs. Can I just put a screw into the metal leg and ground the plotter to that? Any particulars on what wire to use or anything?

I know I didnt get an expensive plotter or anything, but it seems odd that I have to spend $75 extra just to get the thing to work properly.

If I was to run smaller batches of stickers with only one design in them, would that solve the issue perhaps? I generally print a sheet of stickers with around 100 stickers on them. I would not mind running a batch of 20 over and over again if this might solve the issue without having to shell out an extra $75.

Anyone have experience with USCutter giving a discount on these products?

speaker wire will work. I would guess 100 decals is too many, Yes try 20, There are tons of nodes in those 100 decals that will fill the memory, up quick. You can purchase a keyspan adapter cheaper on EBAY, I have never heard of any discounts on parts. But I would start with running a smaller quantity of decals first. And after you run the first set, turn your cutter off, and back on, so it can dump the data from the previous order, or else you can have the same problem of just filling up your memory again.

example of cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-/120420154018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0999baa2

speaker wire will work. I would guess 100 decals is too many, Yes try 20, There are tons of nodes in those 100 decals that will fill the memory, up quick. You can purchase a keyspan adapter cheaper on EBAY, I have never heard of any discounts on parts. But I would start with running a smaller quantity of decals first. And after you run the first set, turn your cutter off, and back on, so it can dump the data from the previous order, or else you can have the same problem of just filling up your memory again.

example of cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-/120420154018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0999baa2

Ah, good call. Ill try that. Didnt think about the shut-off idea after each batch.

Ah, good call. Ill try that. Didnt think about the shut-off idea after each batch.

I'm just wondering if running smaller batches fixed your issues?

I'm looking into either an MH, or an SC model, but I can't decide whether the SC is worth the extra dough.