Sign in to follow this  
Queenkutie

My 1st try at sandblasting!

This is my 1st attempt at sandblasting! I think that it turned out pretty good! What do you think? ;) I used 220 ao and rub n buff.

post-3898-0-22230500-1300724655_thumb.jp

post-3898-0-87289700-1300724987_thumb.jp

OK You're hooked!!! I got hooked on sandblasting this past January. I usually blast anywhere from 3 to 10 pieces a week. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

By gosh Arty-RC you may be right! I think that I may be hooked! lol I really enjoyed doing those 3 things and am ready for more! :D

OK You're hooked!!! I got hooked on sandblasting this past January. I usually blast anywhere from 3 to 10 pieces a week. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What do you use in your sandblaster to etch glass? and where do you get it ?

thanks

What do you use in your sandblaster to etch glass? and where do you get it ?

thanks

I used 220 aluminum oxide that I got at Harbor Freight.

All I use is 180 grit silica sand. I do wear a respirator even though my blasting cabinet has no leaks, I just play it safe.

I would like to give this a try.

I just went to HF and bought an air eraser. Now my question is, What pressure should I have my compressor set at and Do I just let everything fly around or do I need to contain it somehow? Also, should I reuse the blasting media or just use fresh each time?

This is my 1st attempt at sandblasting! I think that it turned out pretty good! What do you think? ;) I used 220 ao and rub n buff.

what cutter do you have

it looks like your cutter is doing exactly what my cutter is doing

the lines are not completing ..

i see it in your & at the top of the loop..

This is what i was talking about

Mine was doing that till I made the offset at .30 now it is doing pretty good. Some things I will have to use a scalpel on to cut it more straight. Yes I use a medical scalpel since it is sharper and thinner then xacto knives!!! :D

Mine was doing that till I made the offset at .30 now it is doing pretty good. Some things I will have to use a scalpel on to cut it more straight. Yes I use a medical scalpel since it is sharper and thinner then xacto knives!!! :D

I use a Dentist Pick to weed with and a Xacto knife when i have to doctor up some lines to make them look straight :(

Do you use .30 on your overcut?

where is your offset option

What is everyone's opinion to use step by step cutting?

I just got my 60 degree blads today and that still didn't help the problem :(