Sign in to follow this  
stew

blade skipping??

Ever have a problem with the blade skipping on some cuts?,,....not all cutting, just occasionally.  This cutter worked perfect since the day it came out of the box,...no cutting issues at all.  I'm also surprised how good it tracks,...yesterday I cut vinyl for a 20 foot sign with no tracking problems.

I have had cutters in for service with this issue. Easily resolved by trying different pressure settings, usually 120-150 once you have the blade depth set just right. A little less than half of the blade angle should be exposed from the blade holder.

Thanks for the reply,....I have the pressure set @120,...I also tried to adjust the blade to expose more,...cut through the paper so I backed it off again. I'll try adjusting the pressure up higher like you recommended,....thanks!

Try it with the blade sticking out less, and more pressure, rather than it sticking out more and less pressure.

hi guys,

I have been working on this problem and I have figured it out.  It is not due to pressure, blade spinning or dept.  It is due to the blade holder cap is not secured the o-ring that holds it down is not doing a good job.  The cap moves back and forth causing the skip.  To fix this add some Teflon tape or move the blade holder up on the clap so the clamp has a hold on the cap.

Looks like you do not have the blade holder seated properly. With it that high the rubber o ring at bottom of blade holder is not functioning.

Hopefully I got a picture attached for you.

hi guys,

I have been working on this problem and I have figured it out.  It is not due to pressure, blade spinning or dept.  It is due to the blade holder cap is not secured the o-ring that holds it down is not doing a good job.  The cap moves back and forth causing the skip.  To fix this add some Teflon tape or move the blade holder up on the clap so the clamp has a hold on the cap.

post-1607-12986515227582_thumb.jpg

post-1607-12986515237347_thumb.jpg

I had this happen as well,it would only do it when cutting the outside weed box. Once I slowed the speed down a little it worked  ok for me.

I don't know if this will work for you ?? But you could give it a try.

Kevin