Sign in to follow this  
mpressive

Contour cut of color image?

Hi guys,  I got the contour cut of a text down.  Now I can't figer out how to add a mask to a full color jpeg to print and cut.  I attached a jpeg can anyone give me some help.  Thanks, M

post-1714-12986514998043_thumb.jpg

post-1714-12986515006374_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Import the image into SignBlazer Elements.

On the printed hardcopy of the image you intend to cut measure between the rego marks.

The more accurate you do this the more accurate the cutting will be,.

Resize it using the measure tool in SignBlazer Elements.

Then use the polyline tool to manually trace around where you want to cut.

After you have done that then select all these vector objects.

Go to Manipulate>CutMask on.

Follow the instructions else where to line everything up and cut.

A bit of work but not that hard.

Trust this helps.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Hello,

Sorry i should have made myself clearer.

The workspace area should always be bigger than the work to be cut.

It is the imported JPG file that you have to resize ACCURATELY.

It has to be one to one (1:1) to the printed image.

Good luck and let us all see some photos of it being done.

Others would love to see this.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Hello

I am new to the business, and I am having major trouble cutting images which my customers are requesting. When I try to contour cut I recv. a error message stating that it is a bitmap image. Is there anyone who can assist me with this problem?

Thanks

Celloc123

281-300-4542

Hello just wondering if you figured out how to cut the images i'm having the same problem. I'm really new to this. Cutting text is pretty cool but now my customers want more options thanks for any help. Flattop

Not an expert at contour, but I figure jumping in here might help me figure out my controls better as well. I am using SignCut, I have SBE but don't use it at present as it forces me to print my originals from it in order to set it up for contour cutting. When I tried doing that with several of my images it bastardized them. Not sure why. But any rate, SignCut allows me to print from any application.

I create artwork in Corel mostly, Arts & Letters some, Photoshop 7 some, and am starting to play with Inkscape because it is free. Here is a link to inkscape for anybody who would like it. It is a vector drawing program that combines, to me, the best of all worlds ...

http://www.inkscape.org/download/?lang=en

It's way past my bedtime, so I'd best hit the rack. I can help you create contours outside of SBE that you can import into it. But, I won't be much help with SBE itself. And, as I understand it, it is much easier to let it do it or do it there. If you are using SignCut we will be on the same page.

dboutfit has good experience with SBE. I'll PM him and get him to this thread. He helped me a ton get my stuff figured out, without him I'd of given up on the contour cut with the LP ...

Happy contour cutting!

If your needing help contour cutting you can PM me, see if we cant get you on the right track.

Eric