Sign in to follow this  
MINKDADDY

Blade Question

Just a quick question. I was wondering ( i know it will depend on how often you use it) most of your replace your blades in your machines? Is there any trick to know when its time for a new one?

I am fairly new to cutting and i use my cutter a couple times a week is about all. Just wondering how long each blade should last. I still have the first one i put on there and it still seems to work great.

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

Cutting regular vinyl , they seem to last 4-ever. Cut reflective & they dull very quickly . USCutter sells them on their website & on e-bay auctions . I start increasing pressure when i see it not cutting good .

p.s. what part of WV ?

There is no right answer to this....If you are careful a blade can last for months....If you cut too deeply just once you can sometimes wreck the blade.....Buy some Cleancut Blades and change them when you see cuts deteriorating...And that is hard to explain in words...

Whenever you aren't getting clean cuts anymore, and made sure everything was dialed in correctly, that's when I'd replace blades. You can typically keep dull blades for bigger, less intricate jobs. But definitely buy some cleancut blades. They're like adding more RAM to your PC.

• Like 1