Sign in to follow this  
34Ford

Loading left of sensor?

I thought there was a way to use the left roller positions that are not over the sensor. The reason I want to use them is to get maximum width on this piece of vinyl.

I kinda like the old cheap cutter at work that has a knurled roller full width of the cutter.

Between the large grit section on the right and one of the other smaller grit sections you can't find an in between? How wide is the vinyl you're using?

AFAIK, one of the rollers HAS to be under the right grit section.

Also, you can go into the menu (hit "pause") and select expand. This will let the cutter cut to the edge of the rollers. You can also turn off the media sensors.

Both good answers, Gotta remember that.

Its 12 material.

But for the love of pete I dont know why I didn't see using the left edge of the right grit and then the second small one over. Sometimes you cant see the forest for the tree.

Thanks guys.

Glad you got it worked out. I use a lot of 12" material too, so I do it the same way. For 15" material I just slide the right grit roller over.

Jeremy, why do you turn off the media sensors?

Glad you got it worked out. I use a lot of 12" material too, so I do it the same way. For 15" material I just slide the right grit roller over.

Jeremy, why do you turn off the media sensors?

probably the same reason I do. No more measuring the vinyl at start up,, (I know how big the vinyl is) and you can put the cutter head as close to the edge of the vinyl as possible. Or any where, when you start. I turned them off as soon as I got my cutter also. I think with the sensors on, you can't cut past the pinch rollers. I can cut past the pinch rollers to the left or right anytime. And turned the pinch roller sensors off also. I just make sure they where they should be. Turned Media sensor off also. I use alot of smaller pieces. They will work with no problems.

I see. That makes sense.

You have to set the origin point when you load the media correct?

WOuld it still work with print and cut if you turn the media and roller sensors off?

I see. That makes sense.

You have to set the origin point when you load the media correct?

WOuld it still work with print and cut if you turn the media and roller sensors off?

I run everything from my computer on Graphtec Cutting Controller, Speed, Force , offset.etc. All I do on my cutter is, turn it on, put the vinyl in, close the pinch rollers, move my carriage head to where I want to start, hit rear roll> enter> then origin> then if a long design , Menu> next > Prefeed.> Menu. It is ready to cut. I avoid the cycle of measuring the width of the vinyl, or maybe my pinch roller a hair too far over, or I can use a cut on a small scrap, say 2"x 6" and no sensor will go off. There is a screw on the back of my machine that you can loosen and move the left pinch roller over to the right pinch roller on the larger grit roller and cut a 2" wide piece of vinyl, if I want.

I don't think turning the media sensor/ or pinch rollers off will affect the contour cutting. The ARMS is not turned off.