Sign in to follow this  
lonestarcountrymusic

lettering question

Alright maybe i havent looked hard enough but im being lazy right now.  how do i create words in inscape and give them a diff color back(shawdow but of the full letter) and then get it to cut as diff layers?  if this isnt clear i can make it clearer.

The outline is the stroke & the inside is the fill. Adjust your stroke width to whatever you want export as eps file to your cut software and cut away.

Make 2 registration marks in a different color than the stroke/fill and in the cut screen select only the reg mark color and either one of the stroke/fill at a time. Unless your software does auto reg marks like WinPCSign or Flexi

Here is a file that will cut in all colors. 

You will need to start with the rego.sb file open and import your letters from inkscape or design them in SBE.  Make your colors as you wish. 

Make as many copies of the reg mark as you want - size them and place where you need them.

The reg mark is a circle cut into quarters.  I usually weed every other quarter and match them up.  They are "Blazer Black" but cut in all the color layers- I don't know why - but it works for me!!

--Mike

rego.SBD

rego.SBD

If it is just text, I would do it all in SignBlazer. It would be much simpler. Create the text right inside of the file that Mars posted and Manipulate + Outline/Inline/Expand to create the outline.

Jay