AshComputers

Magnetic Car Flag Poles

Hey Guy's,

Does anyone know where I can get a supplier for these magnetic car poles. You know, like the funeral homes use. I have a customer wanting these with flags in printed vinyl letters. I'm going nuts trying to find these things on the net. The ones I found you had to be either a Church or Funeral home to buy these things. The one's I did find they wanted like 14 bucks for them, outrageous price for a base and pole. If any of you use these please please give me a heads up.

Thanks

Yeah, those are the ones that I was speaking of, 14 bucks a piece  :-

Oh well, guess I'll have to raise the cost margins. Thanks for all your help  :)

Ramy! Your a GENIOUS! Never even saw these at all. Again, thanks a million man!  ;)

The harbor freight one has a narrow base and needs to be dipped in a rubber compound like plati-dip to protect the car.  I am thinking with the narrow base unless you are parked it is going to be a problem.  if you are using it for finding parked car then it would work

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=plastidip&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=5578916329374312085&ei=D5VSTbqoCIPEgQekzoiRCA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CEMQ8wIwBA#

Dakota your right. MAN! I am looking into some base magnets (Round with a hole in the center) Wonder what I could get as far as a rod or small pole is concerned to mod these myself? They are 3" around bases with a small hole in the center.

I have the Harbor Freight hitch thing . I seriously doubt they would stay upright or even on the vehicle if driven . Magnetic cb antenna base would work if you find just the base . If you find a supplier cheaper than what you have , please post . I want to make a magnetic wide load sign .

Yeah, I was reading on the post how flimsy they were, but hey it was still a great idea if they would hold. Rodge, I have an account with a magnet company on file at the office. I can get magnets strong enough to break your arm for real cheap. Problem I'm having is putting together a package of pole and magnet. I can get the (CB like) round base magnets easy.  The problem I'm having is getting a pole or something to mount in the holes. Thought about a threaded rod of some sort. Beats me been racking my brain on this 1 man. I can't drill the magnets though (The strong ones) without a diamond bit type setup. That wouldn't be to cost effective though..... soooo if you get the poles or sticks, I got the magnets easy

I think the cb magnets have a hole in them . I'll check ... how about a flat plate with a rod attached ...  magnet holds onto the vehicle & holds the flat plate also .

Yeah those are good, but check these out. Look at the poundage, these are the most powerful magnets on earth. This one holds 80+ pounds and is small and cheap priced. Best thing is their small. http://www.magnet4sale.com/Neodymium-Magnet-N50-2-x1-x1-2-w-Hole-NdFeB-Rare-Earth.html

Draw back is, they are square..... which stinks!!!!

Thanks for both of the lnks  ;) . The pull weight is rated @ 80 lbs on both . The wider round magnet would hold better due to the better leverage . The smaller magnet might be good enough for a flag . I need to hold a wide load sign , that even though it is perforated , will still catch a bunch of wind . I'm going to try 3 magbets/rods & see if that works .

WAIT man, if thats what you are doing get the bigger round ones, there are some of those that hold 160lbs. on there for I think 17 bucks. Super strong. Just watch out for those other magnets, they are something else man. Breaking your arm and stuff gezzzz