freebird1963

Signblazer and LPT1

Okay I have never been able to get SB to work off my LPT1 port. I run signgo and works fine off LPT1 so its not a computer issue.

Looking at the Signblazer cutter setup it doesn't appear to even see the port properly.

I have attached two captures of the ports in SB.

It shows my CUT-3000  and it shows our brother all in one on another computer but not LPT1 and does not have anyting listed for BLAZER LPT1 either.

SO is there a print driver for the MH-721 for signblazer ?

Thanks

Mark

post-594-1298656660436_thumb.jpg

post-594-12986566609529_thumb.jpg

post-594-12986566632428_thumb.jpg

post-594-12986566632645_thumb.jpg

Actually this has been blogged to death' sorry but the LP24 & SB  in general dosen't have the drivers for LPT1 or a serial printer driver, If it did you could use it with any HPGL/HPDL compatible program. There is support for MAC's but nothing for PCs. trust me I've tryed for the last year and still nothing.

I'm not sure, but I think the MH uses the same driver disk (The Banana disk). In order to use LPT1 or LPT2... there has to be a driver that sets up a printer in control panel's Printer & Fax's  folder. By the way just to be clear a serial printer has been out of date since about 1998-1999 back when ieee1384 standard was formalized. They figured USB was on it's way in and there was no reason to continue support. What we are talking about here is a Serial Printer "Emulator" which runs through the USB or Serial Port.  My point is don't look for a 25 pin serial to parallel converter it wouldn't work we need a driver  that supports the proprietary HPGL used by the LP24 or MH-721.