Sign in to follow this  
prototype66

Not sure where to start...

so as I was saying..

I make the files in AI or Corel Draw and save the JPEG for import. The actual art board is the size I want the decal (4"x4" or 5"x5") or whatever size I need but.....

I import it into SB and it blows up huge (like 4 x the size!!!)5'x5' becomes 20'x20'!!!!

ee, ah.....what the heck am I doing ?

i noticed that too.  i'm not sure why either, but i just end up resizing in SB, typing in the size at the bottom to match the width and height from AI.  works out fine.  it would be nice to have it import at the same size though...  i hadn't noticed if it was a consistant exponential size from AI or not, but it did look like it was around 4x larger, give or take. 

update:  just for kicks, i pasted a simple vector box to SB from AI.  in AI, it was 50mm x 50mm.  once pasted into SB, it was 176.87 x 177.18.  hmm.  the fact that the width and height are not the same once transferred troubles me.

But if you save as .eps and import to SignBlazer it comes in correct.

ok so dont import JPEG just EPS?

alright I will try that tonight. Thanks!

Is there A PDF of instructiond for SB?

If I got it before I cant find it now! I have alot of reading to do.

eps is a vectored image, it's different than a jpg.

sb can't cut a jpg image as is.

(Look up raster (jpg) vs vector images (eps))

I usually Import instead of Copy + Paste. Many things come out funny with Copy Paste and I don't know why. If you import .eps files from AI make sure to save them out of AI as version 8 or older.

i feel like saving as an eps then importing into the program takes eons over a simple copy/paste.  i haven't had issues with things getting funny at all... just the size thing.  if it is what it is, then no big deal really... but i'm curious as to what settings might be able to be tweaked in order for it to come out correctly.