Sign in to follow this  
wilmorbray

novice need help w/ the cuts

I am having problems removing the vinyl from around the cuts, it doesn't seem to cut all the way through the vinyl on each of the letters. I've tried adjusting my press and if I adjust the blade it starts scratching the vinyl.  Help I am a novice

Guest sciondrgn

Couple things to check..

If it seems like your cuts are not closing change your offset in your cutting program.

In Signblazer, Click on Cutter then Cutter Setup at the top, If you look middle right of the window there will be a blade offset option. The standard pcut blades are .25

Try that out and see if it helps some.

I have tried different options and still don't have it right.  and options in setup don't even give me .25 they are only in .20 or .30 and what should my press and speed be at I have tried all kinds of combinations and still don't have it right.  The vinyl that i am working with seems pretty thick.

Guest sciondrgn

What program are you using?

Here is my setup Using Avery vinyl  (3.2mil film)

In SignBlazer and FlexiSign

Offset  - .25

DownForce 85

Speed (Typically 50 unless its complex or really small)

Blade is only sticking out 1/2 the width of a credit card in the holder

Use the test option on some scrap vinyl or a small piece to check your cutting settings  (Take the printer off line and cycle the mode until you see "Test" and hit the pause button to get it to do a test cut)

My downforce will chance depending on the thickness of the vinyl but everything else I pretty much leave alone. Also check and make sure that the blade is clean and spins freely in the holder, Alot of times little bits of vinyl or adhesive will stick up in there.

Other things to check.

1. Amount of blade sticking out of the holder.  Reduce this until it still cuts.  It should be about the thickness of the vinyl.

2. Is the cutting strip undamaged?

3. Is the tip of the blade broken?

4. If the cutter has two position for the blade holder then use the back one for vinyl.

If your offset is set correctly (never use any offset except what is on the blade box.) then this is a blade holder/blade problem.

Other things that are unlikely

a. Blade does not spin freely in the holder.

b The Blade is not what it should be.  I have seen the wrong blade in boxes on VERY few occasions.

c. The tip of the blade that is inserted into the holder is not polished and at 45 degree angles.  It is long and pointy and unpolished.  This means that it has missed a step in manufacture.

Trust this helps

Jerry from SignBlazer.