gsclinc

Uneven depth cutting

I have a PCUT 630 that starts cutting at a great depth but by the time it reaches X axis 35-45 it cuts way to deep.  Is my cutting strip installed incorrectly or is this typical?  I run my finger down the cutting strip from left to right and I notice its uneven (wavey).  Do I need to remove the cutting strip and install a new one?  Ive tried to push it down in areas where it seems to be raised by it does not help.  Any ideas???

Remove the cutting strip completely to see if it cuts even across the width without it in place. Wavey is not good for a cutting strip. Worst case scenario, we may need to reaplace the strip for you.

I am having the same problem. Is the cutting strip the gray thing between the ruler and the roller? How do I get it out?

Pulls right up. Might need to pluck one end with a flat head screwdriver to get it started.

I'd check the blade adjustment too... if it's adjusted correctly it can't cut to deep

How come my pcut doesn't cut as deep on the outsides of a piece of 24" as it does in the center.  It weeds great through the middle but sides don't cut as deep.  Just enough to be annoying.  If I am using 15" and put it in the center it weeds just fine?

How come my pcut doesn't cut as deep on the outsides of a piece of 24" as it does in the center.  It weeds great through the middle but sides don't cut as deep.  Just enough to be annoying.  If I am using 15" and put it in the center it weeds just fine?

The cutter could need different pressure settings for the 24" material than the settings used for the 15" material. Also make sure the blade is barely sticking out of the blade holder.

ok thanks, overall i think the cutter is great, just kind of annoying when i do this, but still fine tuning

ok thanks, overall i think the cutter is great, just kind of annoying when i do this, but still fine tuning

It will take a bit of trial and error while you learn.