laserman70

Can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter

Ok, patience wearing thin.  I have done everything as explained and gone through all posts.  I installed everything including the USB drive.  I get this message. Can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter....... I goto my ports and their all gone now after installing.  I cannot even access the ports now sigh grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

sorry things aren't going well laserman! I wish i could help, I have the pcut and mine set up with no issues at all. Someone will come along that can help you more.

Try a few different ports... I have a Pcut and that's what I did.. moved it around until it found one it liked  :crash:

rebooted many times now its sticking... ok now it says sending to cutter and the cutter takes material back and forward and just sits there saying sending to cutter.....

if i push cut a print it says this file does not have the print information to needed to cut a print.... all i have for it to cut while doing this is    abcde

Are you trying to contour cut with SignBlazer, or do you just want to cut normal vinyl? Contour cutting can only be done with the LaserPoint series cutters, so if you have a Refine, you just need to click on Cutter, then Cut, then Cut tile.

No just doing cut tile and get the problem cuts one letter and says sending output to cutter. then i hear the power down and power up, like when you plug a usb in and un plug it. 

That was it, the board that holds the USB connection on the cutter isnt real stable so i taped the usb to the printer so the weight of the cord isnt pulling down on the connection.  thanks for the help.

I've suggested this to several people.The connection isn't what I would call tight on mine either. I run my cord in from the top,duct tape it to the side of the cutter.

OK this is rediculous, tape it to the machine, starts cutting stops half way.  Tape it in different place cuts one image, try to do another and it starts and cuts half way.  If the people I sell HP printers to had to do this I wouldnt be in busness.  Something is wrong with this it is not normal to buy a machine and have to tape it, its ok, then next time its not.

The USB is not the correct cable, the metal end on the cable which goes in the machine sticks out half way.

I don't have that particular model so I can't say about the end not going all the way in. But,for whatever reason,it sounds like it is dropping the connection. This could be either hardware or software. I don't think there is actually anything wrong with the cutter except maybe the usb connection itself.

Again,I don't have this model,but if it has a serial connection,have you tried that?

It really does seem that MOST of the posts on the forum are about communication issues and one way or another they eventually get fixed. Considering the way a LOT of my shipments from UPS and FedEX arrive to me,they don't seem to take particular care with their shipments. It surprizes me that as many of the cutters arrive safely as they do. Things do shake lose. I've seen MANY Dell PC's with the same problem.

But don't get upset..US Cutter and Ken will not stop until you are up and running.

no, i have not tried a serial.  I dont have one on my machine. I guess i will have to go tomorrow and get a LPT1 port to install in my machine to see if it will work from it. 

When you buy a machine and it tells you that it can be used with usb, it should.  When HP send me machines to sell, I dont tell the people that the machine works with usb if I know there is issues.  Sorry, I dont mean to be upset, but I do computer work for a living.  All usb ports are working fine, the software and drivers are installed correctly. 

I have never seen a machine when turned off show the port and turned on completely remove the port. 

there is a thing that you can use if you don't have a serial port,I think it's called a 'keyspan adapter' most people use it for Macs but I have heard of it solving this problem on the PC too.

Funny you should mention the HP printers. I have a regular HP inkjet that I have been using for over 2 years and I love it. But awhile back, I had it on top of a file box and it would wiggle a bit when it was printing. The exact same thing would happen. The USB cable would drop the port. Once I moved it to a stable surface,problem went away.

I don't think this will help in your case BUT since you sell printers you should know that you get a bad one every now and then. I've given up on any brand BUT HP....they seem to be the best and I've tried em all.

LOL, so i go buy a pci LPt1 Port, still will not connect... I think we have a bad board or ribbon cable boys..... Nothiing like wasting more money on something that cant be used.   I have left them a ticket on their support site with my #. 

that is entirely possible and Ken usually ships the part without question as soon as he determines that the problem is in fact hardware related.

Well fixed it this weekend.  The ribbon cable was not securely connected to the board.  The usb cable was bad as well.  But after all of that its up and running. thanks for the help to everyone on the forum here for the help.

Glad to hear. Sorry I was not here this weekend, but you covered the things I would have suggested anyhow.

Happy cutting!!

:lol: