Sign in to follow this  
runit

stupid question

Can you use regular vinyl for shirts? I kmnow it sounds stupid but just wondering :-/

No it would peel off. Using heat press vinyl is like hot gluing the vinyl to the shirt and if done right it should last the life of the garment.

greenie

Thank you very much but what about for like practicing can you heatpress regular stuff because heatpress vinyl aint to cheap lol

can meaning having the ability .. yes . It might be a fun experiement , let us know how it went  ;) .

I have done it to show a guy what his shirt would look like I pressed it on the shirt  and peeled fairly easy and actually stayed then my wife washed it and it all came off so yes u can and was it to get it to come off

I use Firstmark sold by signwarehouse. It is the least expensive Ive come accross and it works awsome. I have done probobly over 1000 names and numbers using this stuff. 16 buck for a 11 foot roll. This stuff works great on50/50 100% cotton and I even used it on UnderArmor shirts.

post-5113-12986566011693_thumb.jpg

post-5113-12986566011965_thumb.jpg

post-5113-12986566018967_thumb.jpg

post-5113-12986566019226_thumb.jpg

Sign Vinyl? No, this vinyl will not work. We sell material by the yard so if you don't want a lot of material this could be an option for you. Heat press vinyl comes a lot of colors and patterns these days. If you are in the sign business and you have a digital printer, we have material for that as well with many finishes like chrome, matte, glossy, cracked. There are tons of options in the world of heat transfer material. give us a call if you have any questions. 1-888-819-4421.

Good luck and don't forget to pre-press.

I think that's about as close to spam as I've seen while still pertaining to the subject of the OP...