Sign in to follow this  
AmandaD

Splice marks/cuts not meeting up

I've heard nothing but good things about USC's support, running my own business, sometimes you just get to busy to take care of everyone as quick as you like... hang in there and enjoy the weekend :rolleyes:

Sounds like a faulty blade holder.  A new one is on it's way :huh: I will let you all know the outcome, as this seems to be popping up in the threads quite a bit...

Did you ever get this problem fixed? I have had this issue for more than a year now and can never get an answer of the problem. I have tried everything suggested with no luck. X/Y, New Blades, New Holder, and offset. I worked on this one night for the better part of 3 hrs and wasted a lot of vinyl trying to fix it. Mine never does it with the pen.

that is because the pen does not drag and turn.   Have you tried a drop of oil  (3-1, sewing machine oil,)  in the blade holder?  Have you made sure your belts are tight?  and the vinyl tracking rollers are tight?  also pinch rollers are same pressure holding your vinyl?

what do you have your blade offset set at?   and what cutting software? and what Brand/ model cutter are you using for your setup in your cutting software?

what do you have your blade offset set at?   and what cutting software? and what Brand/ model cutter are you using for your setup in your cutting software?

Currently it is .35. I have tried 0-.50 in .05 incriments. Software is SB. The cutter is a LP24 w/ USB.

setup should be .25mm    so your over to start with.  work at going lower, at .05 increments.  'cause .35 sure isn't working.  Have you tried a different driver?  Like the Roland PNC1000  or reinstalling SB? 

setup should be .25mm    so your over to start with.  work at going lower, at .05 increments.   'cause .35 sure isn't working.   Have you tried a different driver?  Like the Roland PNC1000  or reinstalling SB? 

I sure will give that a try tonight. I have a few things that I need to cut. I will keep you informed. If I reinstall SB will I lose all the file I have saved?

others have reinstalled SB without losing anything.  If they are in your documents. they aren't going anywhere.

This looks like  a roller problem. Could it be that  one of your pinch rollers is sitting over the bearing instead of the ruff surface of the roller?? The pinch roller should pinch the vinyl and the bottom roller.

This looks like  a roller problem. Could it be that  one of your pinch rollers is sitting over the bearing instead of the ruff surface of the roller?? The pinch roller should pinch the vinyl and the bottom roller.

I did not get to cut anything last night, but I know its not the roller. I am using 24" vinyl and the rollers are at the ends of the roll. I did make that mistake once before on a small sheet.

Well the offset and reinstalling SB did not work. What is a good starting point for the X,Y? I have messed around so much with that I do not even know where factory is now.

If the rollers are at the far end of a 24" roll then check for vinyl tenting. make sure you pre-feed the vinyl, lift the rollers then lower back down. That should square up the vinyl & remove tenting. My x-scale is 25795 & y-scale is 28858 they are not factory either but it works for my machine. There is a tutorial describing how to set the scales, sorry I don't have the link handy, do a search for x&y scale.

i was having this problem a bit (maybe not as bad), until i ended up getting some advice about setting the blade depth much much more shallow than i had it.  not only did it seem to diminish those problems with the strange pigtail overcuts, but the quality and sharpness of the cuts i'm getting are much much better.  its possible that with all the switching out of the blades and holders that you've got it positioned too deep?  i'm not going to say that it is your entire problem, but i was suprised at how much of a difference the blade depth made.  try it out!  i've got the blade set into the holder far enough that i can barely see it and can't really feel it. 

Still didn't work. the blade was sticking out a little to far, but it did not fix it. tried messing with the X,Y, for another hour with no difference. it did not matter what I changed it to.

to lazy to read all the posts but have you tried backing off the preasure?

Another thing to try might be to raise the blade holder up, it fixed a temp problem i had with it dragging.

Not sure if it was because the cutter was new and had to 'settle' or what but after a few dozen cuts it went back to working normal.

Yes, 'cause it could not  be evenly moving the vinyl thru the vinyl cutter, with the same pressure on the grit roller. 

Yes, 'cause it could not  be evenly moving the vinyl thru the vinyl cutter, with the same pressure on the grit roller. 

Just ordered a new one. Crossing my fingers

I went to install the pich roller and noticed that the other is also broke. So ordering another. So close yet so far away. I was hoping to install and test today. oh well. ;)