Sign in to follow this  
wilmorbray

Cuts the word in half

I am a new user and finally got the machine up and running, but when I cut a word it cuts back across the lettering of the whole word. 

and it shows me on the SB software that it is going to do this by putting a dotted line back across the word

I have just cut. 

The graphic you are cutting might need to be cleaned up if there are extra unwanted nodes. If it is text, then it may be something else.

How do I clean that up, I don't understand what you  mean about the unwanted  nodes.  I had read in the manual to turn machine off, but that  didn't work.

If you are using SignBlazer, you can use the node edit feature. I am not a graphic designer, so I can not walk you through how to do it....I am not trained on that. Maybe someone else can check the file out for you if you post it.

If you can post your image we should be able to check it out for you and then set you in the right direction.

I do not have the computer I am using for my machine hooked up to internet, but what it does is it'll start the word and then on the text it'll show a dotted line diagonal across the text or image and then when it cuts it cuts that diagonal line and then it'll go back and cut the text or image.  I had  used the machine yesterday for the first time and it did not do this and then as

I was trying to get the set up right and the press/speed it started doing this. I don't understand the node edit feature, when I press the ctrl H it doesn't do anything.

Hmm.. the diagonal line on your screen is just the track that the cutter is taking. Do you have your blade just barely sticking out of the blade holder? What's your pressure set at? All eps images uses nodes to create the image, it's just a point in the design where the line takes a turn or whatever. The node edit feature will let you see all the nodes and if there are any that are out of place or dont belong you can delete them.

I have had my pressure set at 108 and then presently at 122 I can't seem to get it right, the blade doesn't seem to pickup at the points it should .  What should the setting be for vinyl

I have my pressure set at 100 and I haven't had any problems.

What about your blade?

The "node edit" button is the 8th button just below help. I haven't used it before on an image that has been grouped in another program but if your image is ungrouped click on the work area off of your image. Then click on the portion you want and then click on the "node edit" button. You should then be able to see all the nodes that make up that piece.

Just out of curiosity, is your blade holder moving up and down freely?  Press it down and and let go. Does it come back up? My blade holder sits about 1/8" off the vinyl when it is not cutting. What do you have there?