Sign in to follow this  
banzaimini1

3 color help..

ok so i figured i go ahead and try my first multi colored sticker...and gues what!! im haveing problems. i run my image in sign blazer but ofcourse it has bitmaps and it wont cut..so i then run it threw photoshop change all my colors and then save it as a eps..but then it crashes signblazer when uploading so i trace image in inkscape still a no-go so i go to my last option in running it threw vector magic and yet again no-go..can someone give me some pointers on maybe a step process or maybe even know what im doing wrong? thanks alot in advance and below is the image im trying to work with..i thought it be pretty simple lol.base1.png

if you tried to import that image you posted into sb, its not going to cut. its a jpg. opening it in photoshop and saving it as an eps does nothing, its still not a vector drawing. its just a jpg saved as an eps.

there are stickies here as to how to properly trace an image in inkscape to turn it into a useable vector file. once you do that, save it as an eps and you should be good to go.

guys thanks a bunch....ive been at this for hours and finally did it in signblazer...but yeah i knew it wouldnt cut that one i posted that was just referance of what i was trying to do now how i did it well not really sure cause i did alot of trial and error but hey im a persistant fool and ill do it till i get it or summin gets broke lol but i am now going back and read your how to on it ..didnt think anyone would post this late but guess its not 12:30 am everywhere thanks again very much apreciated

Use InkScape. It will do it in color.

http://screencast.com/t/bljWfBnS

Jay

jay i just watched your vid...thanks man thats awesome and for doing the vid thats what makes this forum awesome you guys are willing to go way out of your way to help someone and by you doin that vid i found out what one of my biggest mistakes was..i used inkscape the same way you did except i noticed in the trace screen yours said 4 colors mine had 8 lol...so when i went to cut i was like uhhh..thanks again its ver much appreciated guys!

Yes, I started with 3 colors (Black, Red, Green) but it wanted to include the white background too so I needed to change it to 4 colors.

Jay