Sign in to follow this  
carlawurtz

How do I get downloaded clipart to work in signblazer?

I downloaded new clipart and cannot figur out how to use it in signblazer.  This may be silly but I am new to this program. Any help is appreciated!

Open up Sign Blazer click on file then on import all your files will come up dbl click on the one you want.  It has to be a vector or eps file to cut it...

You need to import it.  Click on File:import.  Find the clipart folder and there will be previews showing so you can choose  the file you want.  (the .pvw files this creates will clutter up the folder - delete them if you want to - they will be regenerated when you use the import again - unless you click on the checkbox for "no previews" - but then you won't see what the files look like)

What kind of files?  Look at the extension (.jpg .eps .png)  Usually you can import .eps - there will be 2 options - try one then the other if the first one doesn't work for you.  .eps are vector files and you can cut them.

If the file is a .jpg - they are bitmap files - made up of lots of colored blocks - you can't cut bitmap files - you will need to convert it into a vector file.  Look at the tutorials on this forum on tracing and vectorizing for more on that.  You can do some tracing in SBE - but probable will need something else for most jobs.  Inkscape is what I use and it's a free program.  There are lots of tutorials for Inkscape.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

-Mike