Sign in to follow this  
lindalin

help with heat press please

Hi this is all new to me I am having alot of trouble appling the siser easy weed vinyl, the vinyl will not stick to the shirt that I am doing the shirt is 100% cotton.  The settings are 150 celsius for 15 sec. I have tried different with no luck.  I am assuming that the machine is for celsius because it has a C on the temp and not an F. Tha heat press is a 16X24 SUBLIMATION DIGITAL HEAT PRESS bought the machine used and did not get a manuel.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  THANKS LINDA

Try also turning up the heat... 150c should give you about 302f but on my first press I had to go to 195c to get 302f

Good Luck

MM64  :)

check the temp on the platen with an infared thermometer or even a cooking thermometer will tell you if you are in the ball park.  don't forget to pre press the shirts to remove the moisture in them

Thanks everyone ok i went to auto zone and bought a infrared thermometer and what i did was set the heat press up at 150c and tested it and i was coming up with 164c in some spots and 168, 148, 162, so it look like i'm going to have to have this heat press repaired if i can and if i cant i guess i won't cry to munch i ony paid $75.00 for it at an auction Thanks again Linda

yes i'm pre pressing the shirts to remove moisture i tried new shirts old shirts and a new sweat shirt +  an old one tried 100% cotton, 100% polyester and a 50/50 blend the vinyl just won't stay down tried different presure, temp i'm lost from here. Thanks Linda

I had this problem and turns out it was a bad lot of vinyl from Siser.  They replaced my roll and it solved my problem of it not sticking.

How long you had the vinyl?  And is there a lot number in the tube?

We recommend that you turn up the heat, Siser material tends to stick to material with-in 5 seconds to help with layering. The longer time is there to make sure you get a good adhere to the fabric. If you continue to have problems, contact your supplier and let them deal with siser directly.

Good Luck and don't forget to pre-press.