Sign in to follow this  
shnelson

MH871 bombed out on me

I'd like to start this post with how impressed I was with the MH871 when it arrived. I was a little afraid based on most of the posts I read on it, but found it was a breeze to set up, stand went together with ease, got it grounded and hooked up via serial port. I had my first cut done within 30 minutes of fedex dropping it off!

I was able to make some pretty complicated cuts with it already, probably went through 4yds of 24" material without any problems.

Fast forward to today, powered everything up like I normally do, load my vinyl and set the origin on the plotter. Ran into the other room to grab the flash drive with my latest vector images, but when I came back in I smelled that all too familiar "something expensive just burned out!". I noticed the fan on the plotter was no longer running, so I power cycled the unit and was unfortunately greeted with constant blinking lights and the head bouncing up and down.

Tried some methods posted here, let er cool for 10 minutes with no power and tried again. Started it up holding the test button, then the reset button with no improvement. I have since submitted a support ticket as I'm afraid this is actually a hardware failure and not a fluke, but was wondering if anyone experienced the same issue with this device?

Here's a video of what i'm experiencing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfCG63KXvlU?version=3

Thanks for the link Dakotagrafx, though I have already submitted a ticket as mentioned in my last paragraph:

I have since submitted a support ticket as I'm afraid this is actually a hardware failure and not a fluke

I understand that USCutter support staff does not process requests in this forum, I was merely reaching out to see if anyone experienced similar symptoms and what their outcome was.

Figured I'd throw an update out for everyone -

My ticket wasn't getting any movement after a few days, so I called the number provided a few threads above. Over the phone support has been AWESOME. The gentleman I spoke to said he knew what the problem was but didn't want to hassle me with swapping out parts and RMA'd the plotter for me since it was so new.

Waiting on the new one to show up, but I'm leaning towards motherboard as the culprit on this one. I'm pretty new to the uscutter scene but so far I've got to say I'm pretty impressed. Yeah, I got a bum plotter, but that sort of thing happens with electronics - their support more than makes up for a fault in the technology!