Sign in to follow this  
xpfguy

T-shirts FYI cheap

If you have one of the following, AC Moore or Michael's (both craft stores) have shirts in almost any color and size; 2 for $5, and sometimes $1.99 each.  You can't beat that if you just need 1, 3, 5 or whatever. You just have to watch for the sales and scoop them up. They are great for smaller misc. orders you may get, but you will rarely find more than 25 of a color/size in stock.

I have been using this method for about 9 months and been very happy with the instant availability.

Now, I just got my first large order. 200 shirts, I am going to give Jiffyshirts a try on this one.

Anyway, just felt like sharing.

Jason

I have been getting a lot of shirts from JoAnn Fabric for the past year.  They go on sale a lot there.  5 for $10.00 and that includes 2 & 3 XL.  I get a lot of 2Xl but rarely see the 3Xl.  There is no way Sanmar or Jiffy can beat that price for a 50/50 29M shirt in color.  I get shirts from Jiffy all the time also and they are at least a dollar more per shirt even with free shipping.

Oh and a lot of times I have a coupon that works even on sale items for another 20% off now beat that price........

• Like 1

I would think JoAnnes would also have limited stock on hand, but yeah the price sounds good especially on the 2x.

After searching, I found out Sanmar has a local wharehouse with will call. Can't beat that. Living in a port city has some advantages, tons of warehouses.

Jason

JoAnn's, A.C. Moore, and Michaels, all have lower weight t-shirts. Yes they're $2.00 each, but if you compare a Gildan Heavy Weight from the above mentioned stores too San Mar, Alpha or Bodek and Rhodes you'll see a hugh difference for about $0.50 cents more.

A customer came to me the day before thanksgiving, and I mean like 3:45 pm. They wanted 100, 5 color screen printed t-shirts Front and Back, by Tuesday Morning.

I'm about 300 screen printers from them, and they finally got a hold of me. I told them there is no way I could get the t-shirts from the San Mar or any other supplier by Tuesday let alone over the long weekend.

So, I went to A.C. Moore, and printed them on  transfers. Luckily, my ink supplier was open on Friday and he sells transfers too.

However, I mixed the t-shirts with 70 that I had that were Gildan 2000, with the Gildan Heavy Weights that I bought from A.C. Moore on special. You could really tell the difference, but the customer loved them anyways. 

All I know is all the ones I get are Jerezzs 29M which in my book is a nice shirt 5.6 oz. shirt that Jiffy and all of the others sell for at least a $1.00 more for wholesale?    And i have sold hundreds of them without 1 complaint and a lot of positive remarks on them.  I tried going to the Hanes heavy weight beefy tee shirt and it sucked big time,  was shrining almost a whole size.

They were so bad I didnt even want to sell one,  I gave them away as gifts.

I  also use the Gildan 100%  6.1 oz cotton shirts and to be honest I like Joann's better.  It's  not always about price or how heavy they are.  I listen to my happy customers....

• Like 1

ok, I places my first order of shirts with Jiffy and could not have been more impressed with the SPEED, price, and the quality.

I placed my order yesterday at 3:48 pm and the shirts were at my front door at 10:40 am LESS THAN 18 HOURS!! I could not believe it. My tracking number told me they were to arrive tomorrow, TOMORROW???

I ordered 50 Med and 50 Large of the below shirt in Royal Blue.

Gildan 5000

Adult Heavy Cotton Activewear 5.3 oz. T-Shirt

I got: Bulk discount and free shipping!!! ----------- $280.32 for 100 nice shirts on my door step in less than 18 hours.. I am happy. :);D:D

I hope all my future order are as good as this one.

Now, time to fire up the heat press and get busy.

Thanks, for everyones comments.

Glad service was good......But the price sucked.....If you are in business, why are you not buying direct from a distributor versus a reseller.....You could have put some extra cash in your jeans.....

What should I pay for a Color, 5.6 oz 100% cotton? enlighten me, I had one better offer that was 2.60 a shirt but I had to pay shipping and wait 3 days.

You mentioned 5.3 on one post and 5.6 on the other.

You would have paid about $2.20 per t-shirt from San Mar or Bodek and Rhodes.

If you have a wholesale account you'll get a lower price. Many times both vendors have sale items. They show up in red. I buy the shirts locally so I can pick them up or if they're out of the local warehouse, and my order is over $200, san mar will ship for free to my door.

You spent about $0.50 cents higher then you could have if you have a reseller permit, and a reseller account with San Mar.

If you don't have an account, contact me, I'll sell them to you, and add $0.20 cents per t-shirt, and you'll still save about $0.30 per.

Thanks, screenprinter. I did misspeak (got that word from a politician) on the 5.3 5.6 sorry.

I should have my reseller number after I incorporate in Jan. now that I've decided that this is something that I can make money at and I enjoy doing it.

I will try SanMar again after I get it.

Jason

TSC has those shirts for 2.18 and on sale for 1.79

Not sure what the free shipping limit is as I pick up all my orders

MM64  :)