TaterNuts

Vectorizing!

I can vectorize most images, If anyone needs any help, I can see what I can do...

Vectorizing is taking a raster image like a photo, or any other image, Normall these files are in .jpg or .bmp extensions but there can be others.  What vectorizing is converting it to vector image by installing cut lines to your liking. These are normally in the extension of .ai, .eps so that i can be cut on the plotter.

Most software has automatic vectorization tools built in, But if you use signcut, I believe that if you import a raster image, it will automatically vectorize the image for you.

Note... If you have ever tried to enlarge a raster image, It will normally loose quality, however, a vector image can be enlarged to how ever big you want it and it will not loose one bit of quality.

Probably the best Automatic Vectorizing software is FlexiSignPro, This software is incredibly advanced and will allow you to set vectors on colors alone.  WinPCSign Pro also has good automatic vectorizing tools, and InkScape isnt too bad either.

Hello - I am new to this whole vinyl sticker thing.  I am cutting just fine... the basics...but I want to take an image and cut it out on vinyl as well.  I here this is vectorizing...or transfering to an EPS format.  So I have read all the posts and I am still lost...can someone please tell me how to convert these images.  I would be willing to talk via phone, IM or email.

Jason @ Two Guys Sticker Shop

I have tried to import an image but they don't look right. ;D  They have little circles instead of solid lines. This is an image I have drawn by hand with a fat sharpie as well as other images. What is the easiest way to convert to Vector?

Thanks Brett

:waving:

If you are using InkScape, Open your raster image in that program, select it and then goto Path>Trace Bitmap...

Save the file as an EPS and then open it in signcut.

whats up Tater...

I tried that also and when it came up into signcut the pic was still all messed up and I believe it said the image had been vectorized also.  I am better off to buy the Flexi program or something else or am I missing another part to this. Here is what I am doing:

1)open image w/inkscape

2)path trace bitmap

3)save as eps

4)open image w/signcut

5)looks like trash..lol

any other help???

Thanks

Jason

I checked out some of your pics..I would be happy with just being able to cut out that guys peeing on anything lol..you know what I'm saying...lol

I can vectorize most images, If anyone needs any help, I can see what I can do...

I would like to have this cut the way it looks but i dont know how

post-1582-12986540077093_thumb.jpg

post-1582-12986540086107_thumb.jpg

whats up Tater...

I tried that also and when it came up into signcut the pic was still all messed up and I believe it said the image had been vectorized also.  I am better off to buy the Flexi program or something else or am I missing another part to this. Here is what I am doing:

1)open image w/inkscape

2)path trace bitmap

3)save as eps

4)open image w/signcut

5)looks like trash..lol

any other help???

Thanks

Jason

you guys should understand that just doing an auto vector conversion in a program is not going to make it 100% cuttable at all times. you need to go in and manually edit it. read up on lots and lots of threads, i had no clue how to vectorize but through threads on here i have become better and better as time goes by. it also helps to practice a lot and not always ask people to do it for you