Sign in to follow this  
FutureSgtsWife

Gremlin-inspired Thread

The gremlin shirt thread had me laughing....  :jumping:

then thinking.....

I am awaiting my first shipment of vinyl and will set my new machine up this week.  My fiance bought me the LaserPoint for Christmas.  My daughter is 11 -- and her current wardrobe consists of way too many Abercrombie moose shirts and Happy Bunny shirts (the sarcastic little bunny....).  She's very much into the arts - drawing, painting, designing, dancing, etc.  So I figured I'd let her expand her horizons and come up with her own line of tshirts.  I ordered white ThermaFlex - but wanted to order Multicut and some Flock stuff.  Joto for some reason is not answering my emails and when I finally spoke with someone, they said they'll send me an order form via email - and it's now days later. 

Yes, I have a few questions in this random babbling.....  What have you found to be the best heat press vinyl for tshirts?  Should I just try a bunch of different ones?  (Glitter, flock, etc?).  Where do you get your vinyl from?

Thanks!! 

Lisa

Hi Lisa

It is good to read that you are going to Venture in the shirt business. I wish you the best of luck and I will help you in any way I can.

I get my t shirt vinyl from a local supplier and the brand is Poli-Flex. It is really good and has a soft hand to it, it is almost like screenprinnting. I tried another brand once, but I didnt like it as it was really "rubbery", I dont recall the brand.

I have alo tried glitter and similar meterials, but I dont like them much as the feel kinda hard on the garmet, to me they dont blend as well as regular vinyl with the shirt.

There is a thread somewhere (try checking on the Vinyl Section or Other Material Section of this forums) were members say which one they like the most and where they get it.

Joecamaro

Thanks Joe.... I current do sublimation (shirts, ceramic tile, plastic, etc.) - but I like the look of screenprinted over sublimated shirts - so I'll try the vinyl.  Thanks for the info!

Lisa

Guest fivestar

Well I am sorry to hear that Joto is not following up with you, I use Joto's multicut almost exclusively and have never had one problem with them or their product.  You can email Tia at tialee@jotopaper.com and tell her Dave from The Flower Boxx gave you her email.  She will take care of you.

We do some dye sub as well, I prefer to do mugs than shirts as the cost of shirts is still quite pricey.

I've sent you a PM.

Jenny

Jenny,

We do a lot of the ceramic tile and FRP stuff.  I love the sandstone coasters, too - and the small round candy tins.  The shirts are way too pricey -- but not too bad if you want to do a photo.  My son's friend was killed when his other friend was driving drunk.  The family asked me to make 100 full color -- full front and full back - tshirts.  Took FOREVER but they came out better than any other application would have allowed. 

I just opened my front door as my fiance was leaving and saw a box of vinyl on the porch.  It's my thermo-flex.... sooo excited.  Running to AC Moore to grab a few cheap tshirts to test it out on.  I have 11 shirts to make for the police department this week.  :)

Jenny - where are you guys from?  I live on Long Island.

Lisa

Lisa,  Hope all goes well with your Thermoflex, we like it.

My daughter (13) is very creative and I hope she decides to start making some of her own designs as well. 

We currently live in Michigan but will be moving out of state in the next year or two.

Jenny

Hey Lisa, how did it go?

Did you get the t shirt vinyl? Is your daughter inspired yet?

I hope everything is working great!

Well, if you've seen my other threads, I FINALLY have the machine installed -- but haven't cut anything yet.  We're getting there..... I'm going to spend all weekend figuring out sign blazer, figure out how to feed the vinyl into the machine, etc.  My daughter is sooo excited!  We've come up with quite a few concepts -- and can't wait to start cutting them!!!  Ummm - any help on walking me thru loading the vinyl, cutting a basic vector image, etc - would be GREAT!!