steelnvinyl

Why does my cutter, cut the sticker randomly instead of efficiently??

Using Illustrator CS2, Sign Cut and 24" Laserpoint (Red). My cutter jumps around the sticker when cutting it out instead of efficiently doing it in some type of order...i feel as if its working harder than it needs to be..

I've never even thought of directing the cuts, I usually just walk away while my cutter is working and come back to do my part once I hear it stop/finish... interesting!

RG

That is the way these cutters work. I have a pcut and it cuts the same way and i have noticed that the more expensive brands also cut that way for the most part.

Dan

SignBlazer allows you to direct the cut order. You can set for fastest path or to reduce vinyl movement which helps improve tracking.

;D

Wow... I'm getting on that right now! Last night I had a graphic with a lot of nodes that it had to painfully hit each one... eventually it told me to "F" off and cut a daigonal line right through the center lol. No doubt it was from jumping back and forth from tiny cut to tiny cut.

Looking closer at the Signcut advanced settings...it has a check box for "step by step" cutting; keeping the vinyl from scrolling too much and cutting within sections....this might be something like it.

Lol..Funny Hawkeye.  And thanks for all the responses everyone... Jay, that Signblazer requires a subscription fee???

not Jay , but I know that answer  ;D . It is free in the SignBlazer section . Rumors have it that there is a company that has ... oh never mind  ;D

Lol..Funny Hawkeye.  And thanks for all the responses everyone... Jay, that Signblazer requires a subscription fee???

not Jay , but I know that answer  ;D . It is free in the SignBlazer section . Rumors have it that there is a company that has ... oh never mind  ;D

Follow the link below. In the third post down by CutMe is the link to use:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,21665.0.html

You will need Roxio or some disk burning software to burn the .iso file to a disk. Install SignBlazer then the update and patch in the second file.

Jay