VolleyChick

Line art?

Hello, I'm trying to send this graphic to someone as line art and I'm clueless. For the cutter I use Inkscape and it works fine, but when I sent an eps, it was rejected. My hard drive tanked and I can't find my Corel Draw CD to try to do it from there...any suggestions?

Thanks!

Di

Note: I emailed back and told them I wasn't very good with graphics and asked what I needed to send, here is first response:

You can trace the bitmap in Corel Draw which then turns into lineart, but then you have to adjust ever node to get the lines square and the curves looking good. It is hours of time in front of the screen, have fun and let me know.

I emailed back and asked what do people with no graphic experience do and here is response:

import image, select it, select bitmap and trace bitmap and detail logo, you can then play with the setting save it and once in corel select it, then break it apart, then the fun starts with adjusting each node of the letters. does that help?

It is just me, or does this place not want to work with me?

post-4382-12986557872706_thumb.png

post-4382-12986557889324_thumb.png

I'm guessing screen print - I asked but he didn't say. One of the girls on the team's husband is having a custom made volleyball net - on the tape of the net he wants her logo and mine so I'm trying to help out with the graphic. So far I'm not much help : p

Di, I don't understand why they couldn't use an .eps file. I would try calling and talking to them in person. Find out what is needed.

Jay

Hi Jay! This was his response when I sent a 2nd eps spaced differently than the first:

That is the same art as the first file, they just change the file type. You can not take a image file and change the extension to make it a vector image. Or at least I do not know of software that will do it. Your letters will look like a saw blade (not straight lines or curves), if we were to print what you sent us.

I had taken the png that's attached above and did a bitmap trace in Inkscape and saved as eps. I recently re-installed Inkscape so maybe my settings are off and it didn't come out well? I'm attaching what I sent if that helps.

Di

TKnet1.eps

TKnet1.eps

Cool beans - thanks much I'll send it now!

Di

Ok, who stole the thumbs up icon?;D  ;D

Dayum another customer!

This is the never-ending post, sorry to keep asking for help! So the graphic format is fine but now he's asking for this:

send the art again and change space between tk & vc to be 8.5". I can not adjust the art they sent, for whatever reason I do not know. that will make it 8.5 " apart repeated 9 times with the width of 32.5" and a start and end of 11.75"

I made a new graphic (that hopefully meets the criteria) could you convert this file? Thanks!! 

Di, look at the difference between the initial file you created and the one Bayotle did for you:

post-1657-12986557879715_thumb.png

post-1657-12986557918739_thumb.png

Hi Jay - I see the difference I just can't convert files, or did I do something wrong with the new one? It's been a long day so I confuse easily at this point...

What program did you usee to create your original file? It would be good if we can get you to where you can give them what they need.

I used GIMP and for the cutter I use Inkscape to "vector" stuff with no problems, so outside of this situation I'm good to go.

Thanks so much Rod - I'll send them this now!

Jay, I didn't post the file I sent to him up here since it was messed up. I posted the .png that I used to make it, but I'll attach what I originally sent now and maybe that will show what I did wrong.

TKnet.eps

TKnet.eps

Thanks so much Rod - I'll send them this now!

Jay, I didn't post the file I sent to him up here since it was messed up. I posted the .png that I used to make it, but I'll attach what I originally sent now and maybe that will show what I did wrong.

Hope it works for you.

Rod

I haven't heard anything...I'm hoping no news is good news but I'll let you know when I hear.

Good luck!!!

Better late than never - just wanted to thank everyone who helped with this - hope you all had wonderful holidays!! Tara's husband bought a canvas bag and dyed it pink, sent it to me and I added my logo and some others to and sent back. She was totally thrilled - I got a text as soon as she opened it. Her FB caption on the attached pic was: Best Christmas Present in the Universe! Thanks again!!

Di

post-4382-12986565814799_thumb.jpg

post-4382-12986565830998_thumb.jpg