Sign in to follow this  
hustleb

Vinyl Raising and "waving" during cutting

I have a laserpoint 24inch and when I cut the center of the vinyl rises up or kind of gets wavy and messes up the cut.  the vinyl dosent lift off of the backing the backing raises along with the vinyl.  sometimes if i put the pinch rollers close together it helps but i cant do that on larger jobs or the edges of the vinyl dont stay flat during cutting.  i am using t-shirt vinyl press is @ 110 (as advised by previous uscutter troubleshooting for a different problem) and speed is at 60.. any help is appreciated!

I think there is some of that with every cutter . The distance from the pinch rollers to the blade on my CoPam is about 1/2" but it has always cut accurtely .I would make sure you have a sharp blade .

it happens even with a new blade.. i had to up the pressure in the past because when blade went from left to right across vinyl it would skid and not cut all the way through.. it would cut more of like a perforation.. i think the pressure being so high may be causing it but with less pressure blade wont cut all the way through... so i guess i can either have designs that arent cut all the way or have them get messed up due to waving and lifting?

have you tried it on your slowest setting ? If you don't find a problem  , some cutters can take a 3rd pinch roller .. that should help alot .