Sign in to follow this  
youdude

What kind of machine does this?

I recently bought a 8' x 2' full color, full bleed banner for $34.  So it is already getting close to $2 a square foot retail price.  It takes a lot of printing to pay off a printer at that price.  It is actually probably cheaper to outsource the printing than to own a printer unless your are doing a huge volume of work.

One of the reasons there isn't a glut of used vinyl cutters is because they are already cheap and plentiful.  I would let my cutter sit in the garage rather than go through the hassle of selling it.  But if I had a $16k printer that I wasn't using believe me, I would be trying to get rid of it. 

I actually have a 36" HP750P in my garage that is just gathering dust.  It just isn't worth selling.

Thats an amazing price.  I do warranty work for HP, how can it be worth buying a machine for 16,000  if you only charge that amount of money.  The supplies alone are so expensive, let alone the material and time you have involved.  The price needs to come down big time for me to purchase a machine to only make $34 on something that size.  If that is what the competition is charging out there, that is one part of the industry i am not interested in getting into....

Where did you find this price, and how did it turn out. The best I have been able to get wholesale is $4 sq/ft.

Guest Terry

The company I worked at was HUGE they got $100.00 a poster ! did 15 of them one day for the YMCA ever since that they come back every couple of months to change the poster. And thay was just one customer, we had 100's. It was a big print company, I quit in Sept of this year, I was there 30 years+ This is one of them, print cut. Only big companies buy them.

http://www.signsupply.com/Roland/XC540.asp

I recently bought a 8' x 2' full color, full bleed banner for $34.  So it is already getting close to $2 a square foot retail price.  It takes a lot of printing to pay off a printer at that price.  It is actually probably cheaper to outsource the printing than to own a printer unless your are doing a huge volume of work.

One of the reasons there isn't a glut of used vinyl cutters is because they are already cheap and plentiful.  I would let my cutter sit in the garage rather than go through the hassle of selling it.  But if I had a $16k printer that I wasn't using believe me, I would be trying to get rid of it. 

I actually have a 36" HP750P in my garage that is just gathering dust.  It just isn't worth selling.

Thats an amazing price.  I do warranty work for HP, how can it be worth buying a machine for 16,000  if you only charge that amount of money.  The supplies alone are so expensive, let alone the material and time you have involved.  The price needs to come down big time for me to purchase a machine to only make $34 on something that size.  If that is what the competition is charging out there, that is one part of the industry i am not interested in getting into....

Where did you find this price, and how did it turn out. The best I have been able to get wholesale is $4 sq/ft.

I've seen some advertised at that price on ebay. Country of origin is HONG KONG. No idea what quality banner material they use.Or inks...or how long they will last. And that is the key.

I do know that their command of the English Language isn't very good. I would make SURE I didn't let them do the design.

I can print that stuff...I bought a refine from uscutter about a year ago....I have never been so busy in my life...I saved up and got the ROLAND VERSACAMM a couple months ago and yes it will take along time to recoop the money...somewhere to the tune of 14,000... So if anyone here wants a little something printed just give me an email at Sales@YourCustomDecals.com and ill get it to you...IM NOT TRYING TO SELL STUFF HERE, Just thought if i could help out some of the people who helped me the past year on here...

James

I have a Roland VP-540 , if anyone in the UK needs anything doing providing you cover costs etc you can sub it to me.

Hope this helps anyone in the UK.

PS: Definately the heads that are the pricey part - i picked mine up for just over 10k and if a head goes down, its almost 2k to replace it. Ouch

I know it is probably out of my price range but I was curious to know what type of machine it takes to make these window graphics/tint

This is a large or grand format printer's creation. I have a used 30" Mimaki for around $4,000.00 but you need a FX plotter to perform the print and cut option.