Im just wondering what do most of you charge if you have a customer wanting their website on their back window of a service truck..  im thinking 2" OR 3" LETTERS..  by say roughly 30in long

Depending on how you price it... I have mine setup by the foot. I would charge 3 ft. worth so about $18.50. If your nice, you can cut it down to $15 since you may have a large sheet of scrap leftover...

Ok thanks for the reply.. so roughly $6 per foot  i was thinking around $12-$15 total but i like your price better   i may give him a discount if he buys more than one   :thumbsup:

Right on.  A lot of shops in my area charge roughly $8.00-$9.00 a ft. I charge $6.12 for Oracal 651 because I work out of my house, therefore low overhead. The low price creates a great selling point for me

I'd be $30-40

Show me somebody willing to give $30-$40 for a one color one line website across the back window  and ill show you a Fat dude that is gonna move to where that is!!!

• Like 2

ive seen shops in this area charge 120+ fopr this and people actually think its a deal

Hi ,

Was that recently ? With it being as easy & cheap to buy a vinyl cutter & E-BAY sellers offering custom decals , the prices for decals are a small fraction of what they used to cost .

+1

On ebay I'm seeing custom stuff go for $2.00 with free shipping sometimes. I wanted to do some Back Window decals for some college teams and darn if someone didnt have a 2 color UNC for $3.00!

Well he called back with measurements which was at 40" long and whatever the height proportional and i told him it would be 2 1/4in tall by 40. quoted him $6 per foot x 3ft ( i just did 3ft to make it easy and give him a little break lol) which was $18 he thought it was a great price and ordered 5 of them. i have already done them and will deliver tomorrow. He wants to install himself i will just be dropping them off..  Thanks for the insight on pricing!!

• Like 1

good deal  :thumbsup: . You turned less than $5 worth of vinyl/supplies into $90 . You made a happy customer who will tell others , which will increase business . Look on E-Bay for cut off rolls which are VERY cheap . I have 3" , 6" , 9" etc rolls to use for stuff like this instead of using 15" or 24" .

I'd be $30-40

Show me somebody willing to give $30-$40 for a one color one line website across the back window  and ill show you a Fat dude that is gonna move to where that is!!!

I get $30-40 for windshield banners all the time and that's just what this is.

Your low charging does not reflect everyone in the business so i hope one day you understand how to make good money. Window banners in my area go for $60-100 because shops don't want to deal with these "small" customers but i will all day long and $30-40 installed is not a bad price. You use the same material as if it was 12" tall instead of  a few inches so CHARGE for it.

I usually charge $40 for that and explain that material waste is a factor so "for just $20 more" they fan have a couple of uninstalled decals too. Usually once I get there they ask that the others be installed as well and I charge $20 more for the two extra installs. "Special order" colors (those other than Red,White & Black) are an additional $20 service/Set-up charge. For a whole back window in up to four lines in as many as three colors I get $100.

RG

Hi ,

Was that recently ? With it being as easy & cheap to buy a vinyl cutter & E-BAY sellers offering custom decals , the prices for decals are a small fraction of what they used to cost .

Dont use ebay prices as your market based price if some one wants a cheap ebay decal they would get it not ask you to make one for them

I just have a question about windshield banners in general.  Do you guys measure the curve of the windshield at the top so the decal follows the molding?  Just curious.

I'd be $30-40

Your low charging does not reflect everyone in the business so i hope one day you understand how to make good money. Window banners in my area go for $60-100 because shops don't want to deal with these "small" customers but i will all day long and $30-40 installed is not a bad price. You use the same material as if it was 12" tall instead of  a few inches so CHARGE for it.

Well anytime i can turn $3 into $90 and all i had to do was drop of the items then i consider that good money. Is your $30-$40 for "Windshield Banners" the price including you installing them? Just asking..

I'd be $30-40

Show me somebody willing to give $30-$40 for a one color one line website across the back window  and ill show you a Fat dude that is gonna move to where that is!!!

Your low charging does not reflect everyone in the business so i hope one day you understand how to make good money. Window banners in my area go for $60-100 because shops don't want to deal with these "small" customers but i will all day long and $30-40 installed is not a bad price. You use the same material as if it was 12" tall instead of  a few inches so CHARGE for it.

Well anytime i can turn $3 into $90 and all i had to do was drop of the items then i consider that good money. Is your $30-$40 for "Windshield Banners" the price including you installing them? Just asking..

Yes that does include install. I can install a window banner in about 10 minutes tops.

I think you were on the low side though still, I mean your going to get the guys who want a discount for more than one but 5 isn't really enough to get it down to $18 each but hey, that's the way you want to operate then by all means do it. But i have seen people come and go doing low bidding so just be aware.

Alot of you are stuck in the "oh it only cost me this much so i don't want to overcharge someone". That's how you make money and plus, your not just selling based on your material costs. Your selling your product and service on your craft. Anyone can buy a cutter but it takes someone who knows what they are doing to fix it when things go wrong and learn to design the right way so the job at hand goes smoothly.

+1

I could see cutting and installing the windshield banner/ backwindow decal for $30-40. My install price is 75% of what the graphic costs, so $18-$20 graphic comes to $31.50-35.00 installed.

BTW -- I realized early in the game that I was charging WAY too low for installs (charging by the half hour). It wasn;t worth my time or risk of creasing the vinyl and having to recut it. Installing the graphics usually aren't too time consuming, so I found charging a percentage of the graphic's cost is more profitable in my situation.

25.00  i charge on size and difficulty to weed and it does not matter if you work from your house charge like a shop if you ever plan to expand or grow min 10 per foot most cases but im not doing a custom decal that with 20 mins on sb and cut and weed for 5 dollars because its only 6 inches charge charge charge

reviving this thread... if you are charging $6 per foot for a 1 color, how much would you charge for a 2 color and 3 color?