Sign in to follow this  
darkchi

Hello from NY state

Hello, new to the forum, I am 27 and my name is Heather. :thumbsup: I have worked with vinyl a lot and I do enjoy it, it seems to be a passion. I have lots in experience in the design field, specifically photoshop and illustrator.

I am currently going to school for computer science and graphic design part time.

I got into vinyl while I was dating someone who did it on the side. I got sick of his machine collecting dust and started selling decals, shirt etc on my own... needless to say we broke up and I am machine-less  :'( lol

I really really want the Graphtec 15" CE5000-40 but it is just out of my price range. So if any of you guy have tips on what machine would be comparable it would be much appreciated. Unfortunately I know what I am doing with the plotter... but when it comes to the plotters them selves... I just dont know what I am looking at.  :D

I will be doing some small car decals, and eventually be getting a heat press for t-shirts so a small plotter be fine. My only concern is that I like to use the specialty glitter vinyl for some of the dog shirts I did, so I would need a machine that can easily change the depth and even the angle of cut.

Hello and welcome Heather. There are no cheaper compareables to the graphtec or roland. I would go with the p-cut 24 in. it is cheap and does a good job. After you sell a few decals and shirts you may want to splurge and get a graphtec or roland. Again welcome to the forum.

Dan

I worked up from a p-cut to a refine to a copam then have had 4 graphtecs and a Roland - let one pay for the next as you go up.  the first big jump was the copam but it can't compare to the graphtecs