Sign in to follow this  
tawnie

Which cutter should I purchase?

Which cutter should I purchase?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which cutter should I purchase?

• MH Series 34"
    • Laser point vinyl cutter

I have a cricut that I use for our vinyl business right now.  It cuts up to 12x24.  We are looking to upsize to a 24-34" cutter.  We have looked at many of the cutters on USCutter.  We would like to stay in the lower range of pricing if possbile. We have a vinyl business and use the cutter for wall words, quotes, window advertising, vehicle advertising, etc.  So any suggestions would be welcomed.  Also the cutters mention a pen adaption.  Does anyone know what that means?  Can you print and cut on some cutters?

Thank you

No, these cutters do not print, you can take the blade out and put the  ink pen back in it's place. That is what a plotter does. Like blueprints. It can draw the design with the inkpen.  Some people use it in place of vinyl on paper to make sure the design is good instead of wasting vinyl.  Or if having problems cutting, to use the ink pen instead.  Any cutter will work.  Like anything you get what you pay for, If you can afford it.. Go with a Copam on up.  The lower end machines  do the job, You just have to spend more time fine tuning them. Copam on up to the Graphtecs, Rolands are more quality precise machines, with a whole lot less aggrevation.  Alot of people purchase the lower end machines, make some  money and move up to the higher end machines. It's all a matter of how much you want to spend.

but if you really want a printer/cutter,  here ya go..

http://www.uscutter.com/Printer-Cutter-Combo_c_129.html

No, these cutters do not print, you can take the blade out and put the  ink pen back in it's place. That is what a plotter does. Like blueprints. It can draw the design with the inkpen.  Some people use it in place of vinyl on paper to make sure the design is good instead of wasting vinyl.  Or if having problems cutting, to use the ink pen instead.  Any cutter will work.  Like anything you get what you pay for, If you can afford it.. Go with a Copam on up.  The lower end machines  do the job, You just have to spend more time fine tuning them. Copam on up to the Graphtecs, Rolands are more quality precise machines, with a whole lot less aggrevation.  Alot of people purchase the lower end machines, make some  money and move up to the higher end machines. It's all a matter of how much you want to spend.

but if you really want a printer/cutter,  here ya go..

http://www.uscutter.com/Printer-Cutter-Combo_c_129.html

great advice Speedy