Sign in to follow this  
polkadotlady

Banner made with a tarp

Here's my dilemma: :thumbsup:;D

I need to make a breakaway banner for my daughter's cheerleading team. It needs to be cheap but durable enough to last through about 7 games....and of course durable enough to withstand the football players running through it!

So, will a tarp work for something like this? I can add the team name across it, sew some pockets for the poles, and add the velcro.

Has anyone done this and is it worth my time to do it the cheap way or should I just purchase 2 banners and velcro them together? If so, I need to buy 2 banners from someone out there so can you give me a good deal? LOL

Thanks for your help here on the greatest forum ever!

R

awesome idea!

This might work! What about where you cut the banner...did it need to be sewn for reinforcement?

What kinda glue did you use for the magnet?

Just use VELCRO but be sure to only use 2 or 3 small strips or the kids will just bounce off the banner.

I would use 3" strip top bottom & middle.

Check out this video pvc pipe to hold it good idea.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7umkD0aT6uY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed

You can buy hook and loop closures (velcro) from your local sign supply shop. It will be commercial quality. You can also weld the cut with welding tape  (two sided tape) from your local sign supply shop.