Sign in to follow this  
danthedesignman

Roland GX-24 Advance After Plot?

I recently upgraded to the roland gx-24. I tend to cut small runs of stickers, and every time I cut something, I cut a small batch of personal//logo stickers.

What I am running into is that the roland gx-24 doesn't advance after I cut, it returns to the origin. Is there a way to change this so that it will advance the vinyl/material out of the machine, so that I could send another job immediately, or have one queued? Thanks in advance.

I don't know why it wouldn't,  I use  Flexistarter and it works with my Graphtec.    Do you have an option on your cutter for manual or program?  Where all your commands are from Flexi.? 

I just went thru a User manual,  don't know what year it was though,  and couldn't find advance after plot at all.  Maybe someone with a Roland can shed some light on this.

I did notice something though,   If you are wanting to do long detailed,  cuts without running out of memory,  in that Default jobs properties,  change your packet size to 1000KB, by erasing what is there and enter 1000  and change the curve quality to medium.    You won't notice it. click apply,  OK,, that has helped alot of people.  I have changed that on my different Flexi programs,  Has helped many using the Refines without running out of memory.

Thanks for the advice, I usually cut smaller things.

I did change the packet size, however the curve quality to medium was very much noticeable.

I still can't figure out how to advance it after plot.

I am running gx-24 via USB and it comes up as Roland USB001 under port.