Sign in to follow this  
bayotle

Strange Cutting MH871

I bought the 'cutter' more for design work and was using it to print the basic floor plan at my shop.

It printed most of it ok but in the middle of printing dimensional text it started criss-crossing the page about 10-15 times.

Since it was just plotting and not damaging anything I let it run it's course just to see what I ended up with, at some point it decided to go back to work, printed out about 1/2 line of text, shot down the middle of the document about 8" and started plotting out the last half of another line of text, both lines were in the correct position but the end of the first line and beginning of the second line was missing replaced by a line between the two... I've noticed this a few times on complex drawings and a few times cutting an image that once it was resized the problem went away... Memory issue or? If so, is the memory on these units upgradable?

Thanks

yes the refines do have upgradable memory - if you have grounded the cutter to the stand I would definitely upgrade the memory

A little pricey but available

http://www.uscutter.com/4MB-Chip-for-Refine-Series-Plotters_p_34.html

Thanks for the reply, not sure why the 4um didn't notify me of it...  :thumbsup:

Looks like that's not for my model though, says everything but... do you know if the 871 is already max'd?

Thanks again! :huh:

good question for LEVI

Thanks both of you, I'll give em a yell after i get some sleep!

I upgraded the memory in my 871.Sandy

Thanks Sandy, guess the verdict is in! :thumbsup: