CreatedByAmy

computer not recongizing cutter

Hi everyone,  went through support a while back but figured I would try here.  I have a toshiba laptop for about year and half.  In July signblazer quite recognizing the cutter so I had to borrow my daughters win 7 computer this one has vista.  has anyone else had that problem?  when went through support we got it to work then once I shut my computer down the next day it would not work again.  I had my friend who is very computer savy come last night and he has not a clue suggested I ask here to see if anyone else had the problem and could help.

Amy

Look in the cut menu under setup and make sure its on the right port(ie USB)so that it recognizes it.let us know

it is set up to the correct port all the settings are correct.  If i use my daughters computer it works fine.  something changed in mine that for some reason it is telling me that the cutter does not exist when I go to cut.  When I plug in the USB popup notes that there was a device connected and when you go to sign blazer it is listed as blazer com port 2 which is where we have set.  we also installed sign cut pro but that software is not recognizing the port.  I have a serial to usb and that does not recognize either.

Are you using the same usb port on the computer or have attached something different to another usb port?

I had been using a hub but started using the usb at the computer which I was using for a while before this happened.  so it is the direct usb from the computer and I don't have anything else that uses that usb connection since the rest go through the hub that is on the other side.  I have to disconnect the printers because otherwise it would not work at all.

you cannot run your cutter thru a hub. It has to be direct from computer to cutter.  get a Keyspan adapter,  that is the brand name.   that is a secure tight connection.  and  I have read to connect to the back  com port .  more power,, the best thing is have your cutter on a dedicated computer, with nothing else connected to it. You can still purchase XP older units that work great.

it actually ran fine from the hub when I was using it, but I changed some things around and put it back to the computer port.  It worked fine both ways and then one day decided to quite working.  It does not even recognize the cutter when I am in sign cut, but will put the usb com port when in signblazer but wont cut.

are you sure your com ports are all matching?  In Signcut, and device manager?    You could submit a ticket and have US Cutter  do a remote and check your computer.    Better do it quick,  it is the weekend.  Are you sure you have the correct drivers downloaded?  You can find them in support at top of page.

Yes i have the right drivers support did a search on my computer and redid it all and worked one day until i shut down then did not work again.  I spoke to them after that but they did not know why it would not work the next day.  since then I have been using another computer but don't like to take 2 to a show so i was asked by my computer expert that could not figure it out if there was anyone else with the same problem

serial does not work either, i don't have a serial on my laptop so had to do usb to serial convertor.  that does not work, that is what we got to work that day and again turned off computer turned back on and nothing.