Sign in to follow this  
jangele84

Copam cp 2500 and Mac

Hi guys,

I dont know if someone has asked this before but I want to know how I can get to work a Copam cp-2500 with a Mac. I just got it today and i wanted to make it work but no success. People talks about drivers to connect the cutter to the computer, but they only talk about PCs. In my case I dont know whats the big deal to connect the cutter to the mac computer via USB. I intalled singcut for importing my files from AI, but when i want to send it to the cutter by going to "cutout" nothing happens, the cotter does not move at all. That makes me think that there's no communication in between the cutter and the computer. Im attaching some pics of what i see on my screen. I know the cutter works because I already tried the test (the one that cuts the little circle and the square) I already download drivers like: FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_14 and md_pl2303H_HX_X_dmg_v1 which I have no idea if helped at all but that's all the info I could find.  I bought a USB and serial adapter but I dont see any change on the devices.....

What am I missing? help please!!

post-8161-12986555871999_thumb.png

post-8161-12986555872652_thumb.png

post-8161-12986555873603_thumb.png

post-8161-12986555905907_thumb.png

post-8161-12986555906383_thumb.png

post-8161-12986555906798_thumb.png

just  go purchase a Keyspan adapter,  that is the brand name and can be purchased on line at alot of places. Just enter Keyspan adapter in the search on here,  has helped alot of people ...

Thanks for replying, then the USB to serial adapter was useless? Well, I have to go a head and buy a keyspan.

USB comes with all cutters.  Some use it for windows with no problems.  Just depends on your system. 

Thanks for your help, I got the keyspan and the cutter is working. the only thing is that the cutter makes some weird lines that are not on the design.... What would that be?? Im going to have to do some more research....

Thanks again. After reading some thread, I changed the blade offset to 0.0000 and that fixed my problem!!! Now I can get my jobs done. I was about to send this machine back to USCutter, I too complicated for most of us to make this machines work. Anyways, I hope not to have more problems....

Is this your first vinyl cutter? 

Your welcome...this all has a learning curve.  first off,, requires patience....  And YES, you will have more problems.  No Doubt..these are machines.  And with lower end machines you are self taught...,Or spend thousands for a vinyl cutter and go to a show room and have them train you on the spot..   Many dealers selling vinyl cutters offer about ZERO in support. And many of those purchasers are also here trying to get help.  THERE is a TON of questions asked and answered on this forum for most any problem,  but you have to do a little searching for it.  

Yes I see that. For some cutters there's no need of too much direction. I have a Roland GX-24 that is not working for a motor problem, but when I got it (even though I did not have an idea of how to use a cutter) It as really easy to install and make it work. At this moment I did not have the fund to buy another Roland so i went a head and buy this one. I never imagined i was going to have lots of problems.

Let's see what else comes up with this thing. Thanks for all your replies.

most people on this forum love their Copam  ...Yes, a Graphtec and a Roland are better at set up. Your paying alot more for less aggravation.   I will agree with that.  and much easier to install on windows than Mac.  

I personally have a 30" Graphtec. and love it.  never a problem.