Sign in to follow this  
bsworks75

About to blow Machine up! Installation help please :(

I made the mistake of letting myhusband set my cutter up (first problem) he didn't bother to read the install guide (which is horridly written) and connected the usb befre he did anything else. Now we're having problems. Any help on geting the cutter to cut after some dummy connects the usb before installing anything?

Also my MH 721's vinyl roll bars are pretty shotty, for instance, when I roll the cutter to a new location the bars fall of and my vinyl rolls all over the room, or if there is no vinyl the bars fall off and make a loud clanking sound. Anyone expeirence this crapyness? I'm pretty upset.

I'm a mac user and after declining the signblazer (I have illustrator because I'm a graphic designer) I'm disapointed that it seems the software that comes on a mini disk won't even run in my mac, I'm having to use my husbands computer. As always, confused at why graphic design stuff isn't as readly available on a mac as it is a pc since most designers I know are on macs. Ugh. Anyway, any help on actually getting the cutter to work with the pc would be much apreciated ! thank you in advance!!!

Oops I linked you to the SBE guide but you need to setup on SignCut. Please give us a call for assistance with this. 888-298-8143

I made the mistake of letting myhusband set my cutter up (first problem) he didn't bother to read the install guide (which is horridly written) and connected the usb befre he did anything else. Now we're having problems. Any help on geting the cutter to cut after some dummy connects the usb before installing anything?

Also my MH 721's vinyl roll bars are pretty shotty, for instance, when I roll the cutter to a new location the bars fall of and my vinyl rolls all over the room, or if there is no vinyl the bars fall off and make a loud clanking sound. Anyone expeirence this crapyness? I'm pretty upset.

I'm a mac user and after declining the signblazer (I have illustrator because I'm a graphic designer) I'm disapointed that it seems the software that comes on a mini disk won't even run in my mac, I'm having to use my husbands computer. As always, confused at why graphic design stuff isn't as readly available on a mac as it is a pc since most designers I know are on macs. Ugh. Anyway, any help on actually getting the cutter to work with the pc would be much apreciated ! thank you in advance!!!

Hi there, sorry about your troubles. I know how frustrating this all can be.

Connecting the USB before installing anything should be perfectly fine. The USB just lets your computer send info to your cutter, and USB is hot pluggable, so there's no issue with this at all. You might check into a 'Keyspan' brand name serial adaptor to get a more physically secure connection just in case there are any errors in your cuts due to the vibrating nature of busy cutters. I use a Keyspan and it works great, but USB worked ok for me too. I just install the Keyspan as a failsafe against errant signal due to the less secure physical USB connection.

As for the vinyl rollers (where your vinyl sits)...it's hard to visualize what you're saying, but make sure the vinyl rollers are far enough apart to allow your vinyl to 'sink' down into them so the vinyl doesn't fall off when the vinyl is advanced by the pinch-rollers. I had this problem too....the issue was that my vinyl rollers were too close together, and the vinyl roll easily fell off. It's horrifying, but I fixed it by just spreading the rollers apart. You might want to remove any vinyl before moving your cutter, but if your vinyl rollers are spaced properly, the vinyl should sit very securely on the rollers.

Also, be sure to pre-feed vinyl out of the roll (before cutting) so that the vinyl roll doesn't jerk when the cutter pulls more vinyl out.