Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Vinyl Pulling off when Cutting

I can cut bigger text without any problems..

When I cut anything that has small font, or small detail in a logo it tends to want to pull up the vinyl from the paper.

I have adjusted the blade already a couple of times.does not seem to help..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks....

Well, you are not stating the type of vinyl you are using,  brand etc.  which could make a big difference. and some of these cutters, just cannot do small detailed work.  Also turn the speed down, make the force lower, back sure the blade isn't cutting into the backing paper and lifting the text up with it.   Some thin text is hard to work with on the inexpensive cutters.   

Can this be caused by not having a groud?

I have bolted the cutter to the stand it came with, do I need a groud wire to go from the cutter to the stand as well?

Can this be caused by not having a groud?

I have bolted the cutter to the stand it came with, do I need a groud wire to go from the cutter to the stand as well?

yes, you should have a ground wire running from the cutter to a stand screw , that has the paint scraped off a bit.  but it has nothing to do with  the vinyl lifting.  Have you tired different vinyl.?  and blade barely out.  you are only cutting about 3Mm  which isn't much.  Should barely be able to see the blade.

I can barely see the blade out of the holder....I am at a loss here!

I have adjusted pressure, speed and blade exposure with no result.

Any other suggestions?

It even does it on big graphics, especially corners..

have you checked that there isn't a bit of vinyl in your blade holder,  maybe your blade is not tuning freely  and try different vinyl

well you can see if it's freely spinning in the blade holder, without cutting. Just make sure there is nothing in the blade holder.  gunk, pieces of vinyl , that you may have picked up.

How can one test that?

When you say spins freely in the blade holder, are you referring to the blade itself or the actual blade holder being able to spin freely?

When I put the blade in the blade holder their was a magnet, which the blade stuck to .. I then adjusted it so that a very small amount of the blade was showing.. I then tightened it...

keep backing your blade out until it doesn't cut the vinyl thru then turn it back just a little

Newbie manual in instructional section might shed a light on how to adjust blade depth.

Paco

Newbie manual in instructional section might shed a light on how to adjust blade depth.

Paco

I have read the newbie manual twice....Just seems to be little things that are happening.

I did the thing it suggested to cut through vinyl with your hand holding the blade holder and etc. Then I put it in the cutter and I am at this point.

did you ever try a different brand of vinyl?  maybe Bayotle could sell you some ,  without buying a roll.

did you ever try a different brand of vinyl?  maybe Bayotle could sell you some ,  without buying a roll.

I have not tried a different vinyl yet, I did however find a small piece of vinyl stuck inside the holder right by the blade...I assume that would cause this!

I will update this post as soon as I get home from the office and test it this evening..

Thanks to all for all of your assitance.....

Having tried to see how small I can cut, I'd have to ask what's the height of the font and which font you're trying to cut...... I tried to do script and couldn't get (i believe) smaller than about 1/2" before it started pulling the edges of the vinyl up...

It is still peeling...damn..Tried to cut a 4x4 inch decal today and peels on the sharp corners.

I am at a lose here, I have went through about 15 yards of vinyl trying to get this thing setup.

I followed the newbie manual to a T not skipping a thing.

It even does it on big graphics, especially corners..

he also stated it did it on big graphics

ahhhhh sux being a speed reader, missed that part!

It is still peeling...damn..Tried to cut a 4x4 inch decal today and peels on the sharp corners.

I am at a lose here, I have went through about 15 yards of vinyl trying to get this thing setup.

I followed the newbie manual to a T not skipping a thing.

If you come on over, can you bring your setup? (not sure what kind of equipment you have)