ericwoo

Inkscape .eps Vector to other Sign Software Problem?

Okay, is there different versions of the .eps vector graphic or something?

The reason is, one of the .eps vectors someone made for me to cut wouldn't import into SignBlazer elements correctly.

And a similar thing happened when someone I am trying to help can't import her Inkscape made vector .eps into her sign software called SignMate.

What is the deal with this and is there a way around it?  Possibly saving it in a different way or something.

yes, there are different versions, depending on what  version of software they were made in.  Such as  I have Illy CS2  and can save .eps files back to version. 3.eps.  Signblazer has not been updated for quite a while as the owner passed away a few years ago.  so most people only use .eps version 8 to import into Signblazer.  The newer versions will not work. JUst like I cannot import  Illy.CS5 files into my Illy CS2,  They are too new ..

also if there is still raster (pixals) in the imported image, it will not import.  it has to be all vector.

Isn't Signmate a program for a Roland cutter,  that uses an Illustrator or Corel plugin?

Thats a bummer, i figured there were some type of different versions.  Is there any way to convert them to older versions with anythin free from the internet?

Do you know what the latest version is?  Also, does anyone know what versions are compatible with SignBlazer Elements?

yes Signmate is a program for the Roland cutter but I don't think she has Illustrator or Corel Draw.  So is there anyway that she can use Inkscape for this?

Thanks for all your help.

-Eric

Most people convert to .eps version 8 for Signblazer.  Sorry,  I don't know anything about the Roland cutter,  but inkscape is being used for the Graphtec ...  People are designing in inkscape for the Signblazer

This is from a forum members post  wayne1234    

"To cut from inkscape I just go to print, select my graphtec and it pull up the control page just like in the robo master software, and I hit cut..."

your welcome ;D

How do you convert it to a certain version anyway?

I see after you hit save as .eps, the pop up window allows you to save as Postscript level 2 or Postscript level 3.  But I don't even know if that means the same thing as Versions and if it does there is no level 8.

Do you know if levels are understood as the same thing or what they are?

I am referring to Illy/Corel as saving older versions.  I believe you should have no problems with Inkscape. as long as it is all vector. 

O ok. So do you think that Inkscape just isn't possible to be used with SignMate or is there some way like an update needed for it to work.  Anyone have any thoughts at all?

No idea.  I am not familiar with the product.  You could try it, like I said about the Graphtec.  Experiment... Go to print.  See it it works.    but Signblazer can be used with the Roland

This is the very same problem that I am having and have yet to discover the issue. But the variables asked when trying to save an eps in Inkscape just might be the answer. Does noone know what variables we are supposed to use? Postscript level2 or 3 etc?

This is the very same problem that I am having and have yet to discover the issue. But the variables asked when trying to save an eps in Inkscape just might be the answer. Does noone know what variables we are supposed to use? Postscript level2 or 3 etc?

not the same problem as yours,  this person is trying to use Signmate cutting  software., which is  software made JUST for the Roland.cutter.  And it only imports/has a plugin  for Corel or Illustrator they are trying to import from inkscape, not possible.  You are using Signblazer.