ericwoo

How do I stop SignBlazer from Autosaving a .pvw file to my computer?

Every time I import a .eps graphic and the project is done with, my SignBlazer software automatically saves a .pvw file to my computer.

Is there anyway to stop it from doing this?  Its annoying becuase I only use it once.

not sure how to get the app to do it but you can write a script to clean it up for you, simply create a text file in notepad, call it whatever you like but use the extension cmd (ex: cleanup.cmd) and paste the following

del *.pvw /s /q

This will delete all the pvw files from the current directory and all subdirectories

My files are run on a network and i use....

del n:eps*.pvw /s /q

This points to my eps folder on my server..

you can also drag the script (cmd file) to the task scheduler and have it clean up the system automatically...

bayotle, that is so cool.  Thanks for sharing the info. I am going to give this a try.

I have heard that there was an update that fixed this problem which could be downloaded from the signblazer site but it isn't online anymore so thats a bummer.  Does UScutter have the update to download to fix this?

If not I am definitely going to try ur method.  I appreciate you sharing your knowledge

bayotle, that is so cool.  Thanks for sharing the info. I am going to give this a try.

I have heard that there was an update that fixed this problem which could be downloaded from the signblazer site but it isn't online anymore so thats a bummer.  Does UScutter have the update to download to fix this?

If not I am definitely going to try ur method.  I appreciate you sharing your knowledge

Glad i could help!

As far as the update, no clue, just a noob myself.... ;D

Evidently this was fixed in some fashion in version 6.0.24 - but it is trial version only - and the link to the file is broken.   I never used it - don't know if it does away with previews -would not like that - or if it cleans up and regenerates them on the fly.  Here is a topic about that.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,11678.msg88872.html#msg88872

And here is another with some discussion and a clean up scheme like bayotle posted (BTW thanks bayotle!)

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,12093.0.html

I think I'll just put up with the preview files and just run the cleanup when I need to.

If there is a better way I hope someone tells us about it.

-Mike

Wow the script works like a Champ!!!

Thank you so much.

Jeff

You're welcome!

Evidently this was fixed in some fashion in version 6.0.24 - but it is trial version only - and the link to the file is broken.   I never used it - don't know if it does away with previews -would not like that - or if it cleans up and regenerates them on the fly.  Here is a topic about that.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,11678.msg88872.html#msg88872

And here is another with some discussion and a clean up scheme like bayotle posted (BTW thanks bayotle!)

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,12093.0.html

I think I'll just put up with the preview files and just run the cleanup when I need to.

If there is a better way I hope someone tells us about it.

-Mike

Mike, if you open explorer, scroll through the list on the left side until you find control panel, click the plus sign and you should see the scheduler, drag the script file you created above to that folder, hold down the ctrl + shift key while you do and it will create a scheduled task for you, you can edit it to run at a specific time/day/hourly whatever you want to do, you could also create a script to run sign blazer and run the cleanup as soon as you exit..

assuming you used the default install....

"C:Program FilesCutting TechnologiesSignBlazer Elementssbnt.exe"

del *.pvw /s /q

Save and run that as the script and the files will be deleted everytime you exit sb....

I know this is old, but thanks for the script! It has helped me keep my folders clean!

Turn off previews when opening or importing files and they will not be created in the first place.

post-1636-0-34756900-1344224879.png

• Like 1