Sign in to follow this  
jeff g

I'm getting a little better...

I had some time today (haven't been called out for work yet) so I decided to play around with the Pcut and some various software that I have and design a nice sticker.  I still have some fine details to work out and I don't have the "right" color vinyl yet, but here is the basic sticker in rough draft form.  It doesn't work license plate size (I can't weed the small letters) so I made it a 10 inch diameter sticker for the back window of a truck (or a trailer sticker).  They'll be giveaways at vintage Japanese bike meets.

The "K" will be green, I have to center the Yamaha logo a little better, and I will capitalize the S and F in "2 strokes forever".  I may change that text though...I haven't decided yet.

windowsticker.jpg

The graphic was created using MS Powerpoint 2007 for the lettered ring and I used Inkscape to put the graphics in place and scale it all.  Then I used Vector Magic to convert it to a .eps file to import into Signblazer.  The whole thing took about 20 minutes to create once I figured out how to create the curved text in Powerpoint.  I cut out the whole thing in blue vinyl (doesn't show up very well in the pic) and then took a piece of red and told Signblazer to cut out just the "S" and did the same with the Yamaha logo in black.  I peeled the S off and stuck it in place of the blue S and cut and taped the black Yamaha logo in place of the blue one. 

I had some time today (haven't been called out for work yet) so I decided to play around with the Pcut

Should have kept my mouth shut about that.  I got called out, spent 7 hours working in the rain and some idiot almost hit my truck while I was in the bucket 25 feet in the air...He/she ran over my safety cones.  I mean, seriously, how do you not see a big white truck with yellow strobe lights, red 4 way flashers, and 3 safety cones behind it.  They got all 3 of my cones with their car, missed the truck by less than a foot, and didn't even slow down  :angry: >:(:angry:

Well Done

However i am sure that i would have been even faster if you only used SignBlazer.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

:lol:  :-[  I just looked in Sign Blazer and saw the warp text option.  Looks to be a lot easier than Powerpoint.  I still have to get a mouse for my laptop though, to make it easier to use.  :-[ :-[

Looks good!

I can't tell you how many times that I ended up throwing a Stop/Slow paddle at cars to get them to stop in my early days of doing construction... They weren't very happy but when you have a crew of guys to look out for you do what you have too! Especially when you have huge signs, flashing lighs, cones, etc. I was taken to court for damages to their vehicles and each time the judge was on my side. You should have heard him go off on these people!!!