Sign in to follow this  
imarcnut

more connection issues/ pda's

hey everyone, this may help people with connection issues. I recently received a pcut, hooked it up didn't work- spent 6 hours and many brain cells

and with everyones help- it works! Two days later, nothing. Checked everything switched a bunch of things, nothing.

Anyway, I have a Palm PDA, the hot sync boots with the startup folder, this was causing an issue with the com ports.

Disabled it and YAHOO we be cutting. I may be able to get everything working together but that will be another day.

:thumbsup:

hey everyone, this may help people with connection issues. I recently received a pcut, hooked it up didn't work- spent 6 hours and many brain cells

and with everyones help- it works! Two days later, nothing. Checked everything switched a bunch of things, nothing.

Anyway, I have a Palm PDA, the hot sync boots with the startup folder, this was causing an issue with the com ports.

Disabled it and YAHOO we be cutting. I may be able to get everything working together but that will be another day.

:lol:

One of the many reasons that I hate USB.  On my main computer, I used to occasionally use a USB external hard drive.  When I plugged it in, everything else USB in my computer STOPPED working.  I finally quit using it and bought a network drive enclosure and transferred the hard drive from the USB drive to the network drive enclosure and haven't regretted it a bit.  The "U" in USB stands for universal.  Just remember that universal means that it will do everything...but nothing well.  :-[ :-[

Hello Jeff,

I will endorse your hatred of USB.

Universal, what a joke!!!

Remember serial ports and parallel ports?

You just plugged stuff in and it worked 99.999% of the time first try.

And NO DRIVERS TO INSTALL.

Now we have so many USB chip manufacturers that it is a nightmare for software developers.

Every chip has it own driver.

So paranoid are some of these chip manufacturers that they won't even release technical stuff to software developers,

Worse still many don't have 64 bit drivers yet and many have Mac drivers and when i write them (rare to even get a reply) they tell me that they have no intention of writing a Mac driver.

So with hundreds of USB chips and dozerns of manufacturers one could have a gigabyte of drivers on your computer just in case you might need one.

What an absolute crazy situation.

Now can anyone suggest or tell me how this situation arose and why didn't MS or Apple say OK, guys here it is, make your chips compatible with this driver.

Then we would have one driver for anything USB.

It was done with serial and parallel so why didn't it happen with USB.

One answer is that MS charges for certification for drivers.

Now i don't think i have ever seen a MS certified USB driver except for the dongles we use.

yes, they have their own USB drivers as well.

Jerry from SignBlazer.